I came home and made this sweet looking thang
- 2 eggwhites mixed in the bullet with 1/2 scoop chocolate peanut butter protein powder
- 1/2 banana slices added once the batter is in the skillet
- lots of H20 for me to drink!!
Dinner came a couple hours later and I decided to make delish Cinnamony butternut squash mash, which I have made before and it was a hit!
Cinnamony Butternut Squash Mash
- Half the package of butter nut squash and cooked it in a water until the water came to a roaring boil. (about 10 minutes)
- drain the water out of the pot
- add cinnamon and vanilla extract
- mash with a fork or masher
served with eggplant fries and zucchini chips AND tofu fries
first, you MUST see the size of this purple beauty...I placed it next to my 32 oz aquafina to show that is is really humongo...this whole thing will not be made this evening!
sliced the eggplant in 'fry' like shape and cut the zucchini in chip like shape
sliced the tofu in 'fry' like shape
placed on baking sheet
sprinkle of kosher salt & peppa
drizzle of low sodium soy
garlic and garlic powder
steak and chop seasoning from TJ's
Bake at 350 for 30 minutes (flipped after 15)
Served with a homemade lil salad w/ sprouts, pepper, cuke (persian, my fav!) tomatoes and raw cauliflower which I also have a love affair with. Homemade mango chutney dressing of course!
FYI, this is how I keep the tofu in the fridge when I dont make the whole package. Tofu has alot of water in it, so I keep it in a tuppeware container sitting on a few paper towels to let all the water soak up before the next time I use it! great idea huh?
QUESTION FOR YOU! what are Your foodie 'stay good in the fridge' tricks...How do you keep your food fresh?? any interesting methods??