I dont know about you, but for me, if I forget my Ipod, it is as if the world comes crumbling down. The worst thing that can happen is: I get to the gym, ready to go, grab my ipod already singing "everytime we touch' by Cascada and come to find out the battery is dead!!! anyone experienced this tradgedy??
Listening to music during exercise can improve results, both in terms of being a motivator (people exercise longer and more vigorously to music) and as a distraction from negatives like fatigue.
The reasons why music is important to your workouts
- Music diverts a person's attention in repetitive exercises thus the feeling of fatigue, exhaustion and boredom are evaded.
- Music can reduce the factors contributing to pain, tension, anxiety and discomfort.
- Music can act as a stimulant which can increase your performance. Respiration and cardiac rate is increased from music. This can help you intensify your workout.
- The body movement to rhythm of music increases energy levels.
- The rhythmical qualities can follow the physical skills and can improve motor skills.
- Physical strength can also be attributed with type of music. Sedative music decreases muscular potential training ability.
- Fast stimulating music can increase in muscle tension.
- It promotes a positive mood and avoids any kind of negative thoughts.
- It can make a workout go by faster
- You can be rocking out to Miley Cyrus or Nirvana and no one would even know! the point is to find something that works for you! YOUR PUMP UP MUSIC!
Personally, I am a HUGE techno fan. Not just the typical club/house music that is just music, no words but the type with acutal lyrics and a sweet beat that keeps me going through those tough workouts! A few favorites: cascada, DJ Encore, Basshunter, DJ alice I also LOVE "happy rap" as I call it such as Pittbull, LMFAO, Akon, Sean Kingston, Beyonce.
Here are some of my fav songs on my current workout playlist
- whacha say by Jason Derulo
- Girls by Pitbull
- Shut it Down by Pitbull ft. Akon
- Sexy Bitch by David Guetta ft Akon
- La La La by LMFAO
- Evacuate the Dancefloor by Cascada
- All I ever Wanted by Basshunter
- Lost In Space by Kinetic
- Flying High by Bass-T & Sven-R-G
- When You Leave Me by Basshunter & Alina
- Going Nowhere by DJ Dean
- Hotel Room Service by Pitbull
- Outta Here by Esmee Denters
- Patron, Tequila by Paradise Girls ft Lil Jon
- Medicine by Kim Leoni
- Force of Nature By Groove Coverage
- Falling Down by Space Cowboy ft Chelsea Korka
**Email me or leave a comment with your current workout playlist and I will post them later this week for all to look at and share!**
If you are like me, you are always looking for new and fresh music Ideas to fuel your workouts, so let this FITfoodie know what tunes you are jammin' to!