I need to start with long overdue review on some products I received to sample a few weeks before my Costa Rican adventure.
- Chicken Broth
- Panko Breadcrumbs
- Baking Dish
- Measuring Cup
- 2 spoons (1 slotted, 1 soup)
I wanted to use the Panko Breadcrumbs and make it a creative foodie recipe!
Panko Crumbs in the baking dish ready to be slathered on tofu.
- Panko (from the Progresso Website) Panko is Japan’s secret ingredient for crunch. A flaky bread crumb with a coarse texture and jagged edges, panko imparts a delicate crispiness perfect for frying or baking. For nearly a decade, panko has been popping up on the plates of fine dining restaurants, but for the home chef, panko has been difficult to find. Not anymore. Progresso Foods introduces its newest gourmet bread crumb, panko, in two flavors, plain and Italian
My wet station: Tofu Slabs and in the plastic dish
- 1 egg, beaten
- cumin and coriander spicea (to mimic falfel seasonings, since my dad is middle eastern I knew he would love this!)
- splash of skim milk
- salt and pepper
- Dip slabs of tofu in the egg mixture, then right into the panko crumbs
- Coat each side well and place on a sprayed baking sheet
- Once panko'ed they are ready to bake!
- I baked these at 375 for 20 minutes (flipping after 10)
Terrible PIcture, my apologies, but this is the final, crispy product! very tasty! Next time a few more spices or a little heavier on the cumin, but not too shabby!
I wanted to make half of this dinner more sweet, so inspired by Caroline @ the Broccolli Hut from her tofu banana french toast I decided to re-create my own! I have on the plate 1/2 C crushed up Fiber One cereal. In the dish
- 1/2 C eggbeaters
- cinnamon to taste
- 1/4 banana smooshed in there
- splash of almond milk
- vanilla extract
- Dip slabs of tofu in the egg mixture
- well coat and then straight into the Fiber One crumbs
- Place on baking sheet and bake for 20 minute at 375 degrees
Final product of deliciousness! I baked these the same as the falafel panko crusted tofu slabs (375 for 20 mintutes flipped after 10)These could have been a BIT sweeter-certainly some agave or Truvia wouldn't hurt next time! I served these with plain Chobani and some a sprinkle of cinnamon for dipping, because what are french toast sticks with no place to dip?! Naked I would say :)
We also had some left over butternut squash soup, HOMEMADE by my mama. I topped it with some Newman's Own Organic dried cranberries.
Today I was very exciting because I was meeting one of my best friends for lunch! I haven;t seen her in so long. First though, I had work at 5am-12:30 ish. I was just sticking with cardio for my workout today because I am SUPER sore from yesterday's workout!! I did 4.3 miles on the treadmill varying inclines and speeds. I don't know about you but a sprint for me is at 8.5 (hard sprint!) yes, I have some shorty legs. My speed I could run forever at (ok, not forever) but a while is 6.8.
After my run and some ab work. I dug into this
well, not the box-but I did get this beautiful box o' oatbran last week and this was my first time EVER trying it!! I am an oatmeal girl but I have heard great things from you all about this so here goes!
Very similar stats to oatmeal. I used a 1/2 C not the serving size which is 1/3-so it is exactly like 1/2 c oatmeal! Love the high protein in here too. This will surely be on Replay
YUM! Oat Bran is my new Lover (sorry, J) I kid, I kid, but I loved the creaminess of this! It tasted similar to oatmeal, but with a nuttier, creamier texture! I am a fan, HUGE fan...Almost as big a fan as Adam Lambert's New song, For your Entertainment?
Q: How do I get Youtube video's on here? I have Blogger, Not wordpress...any suggestions?
- 1/2 C oatbran
- tbsp Chia
- 1/2 banana
- some frozen mixed berries
- Truvia packet
Also Enjoyed a 16 oz Green Mountain Caramel Vanilla Creme Coffee with my SILK french Vanilla creamer....this was NOT a bad romance
After some hours of work and such I munched on a snackie @ 11:00
Plain Chob's with 1/4 C Fiber One Cereal and 1/4 C Kashi Go Lean
Lunch spot of choice with my bff was at Fresh City . This is a chain that has a great salad bar, fresh soups and wraps and also a stir fry station! It was the salad bar today for us!
- green beans
- cottage cheese
- tuna (un-pictured)
- Purple Cabbage
- balsamic vinegar
Tali's Plate: Almost Identical besides those 2 little baby corn on top! I am not a huge fan of these guys. They kind of freak me out and I can't figure out why! Maybe the texture?
Do any of you have foods you won't touch because of the texture?
Fresh City is also known for their famous Cinnamon-Sugar Pita Chips.
And you can bring them home too! SWEET. Normally I would munch on some of these, but just wasn't in the mood today, I wanted to stay real healthy for lunch!
We stopped at the new TJmaxx across the street for about 10 minutes, not enough time to shop but enough time to browse the food and home goods!! (she is a foodie like me and LOVES to cook!)
Yes, I will be coming back soon! So many spices and seasonings, dressings, Jams and honey's. I <3 TJ's!
Loved this mug too! (didn't get it though!)
I also received this amazing package from the Folks at Campbells!
Yes, that little red ball is a bag!!
Twas delicious!! This soup is made with 12 different vegetables, It is hearty and thick and full of fabulous flavor! Loved it! 8.5/10
ABout this soup:
With 12 different vegetables and a flavorful, hearty base, this is a robust take on vegetable soup. No artificial flavors. No preservatives. Just the delicious, vibrant taste of a full serving of vegetables with the nutritional goodness that goes along with it.
It is now 4 and I may go to Bloomingdales with my mom! we shall see! I also really want to make some pumpkin or ginger bread soon!
- These muffins look so great! from Foods of April
- This vegan banana bread also looks awesome from Loveveggiesandyoga
- This banana goodness loaf looks so great from Foodmakesfunfuel
If any of you have a great pumpkin or gingerbread recipe PLEASE email me!! Onefitfoodie@gmail.com
BIGGEST LOSER TONIGHT! very excited!!