This is a pic of the chia seeds in the pot, this is right before they are done, thats when i stir these little buggers in here!
Here is the big ole' bowl
1/2 cup old wessex 5 grain oatmeal
1/2 cup soymilk
1/2 diced banana
handful of blueberries and 4 diced strawberries (added in the end)
1 tbs chia seeds (added in the end)
(not pictured) spoonful almond butter
I had my 3 eggwhites on the side, and of course I spilled on the cinnamon because i LOVE cinnamon on my eggwhites (if this looks gross, you need to try it before you judge hehe)
of course a morning doesnt go without a mug of coffee!! I am very fortunate that my uncle owns a coffee company in Costa Rica called Cafe Britt. It is the most amazing coffee! so we are spoiled and always have delicious Costa Rican Coffee! I had it with my Silk creamer which is my all time new favorite find!
This meal DEFINATELY fueled me for my awesome spin class!! I try to take at least one spin class a week, as I am obsessssseeeed with it!...I am even getting certified on October 17th! I cannot wait!
So I came back and decided to make a post workout smoothie to bring to work!
I ended up making another Mangolicious SMoothie, with some Protein Powder!
1 dollop chobani greek yogurt
1/2 C soymilk
1/2 C frozen Mango
1/2 Banana (not pictured because I decided to add it after!)
1 scoop all the whey cinnamon pp (sounds wierd in this shake but it was really yummy!)
I used the cinnamon from the sample pack I got from All The Whey!
ahhhhh This HIT.THE.SPOT!!! : )
LUNCHTIME!!!It was a HUGE salad chock full of chickpeas, lettuce, red pepper, cukes, walnuts, grilled chicken, brocolli, and my homemade mango chutney dressing! wow this was a good one today and it totally filled me up! Those chickpeas really added a little pizzaz!
I also had a few strips ofthese guys on the salad that I picked up from Trader Joes last week. They have 12g of fiber per serving!! and are quite delicious! They are handmade which makes for an odd arrangement of bits and pieces of all different size pieces of fruit
- They are chock full of fiber, like I said 12g per serving!
- They are truly very tasty! not as sweet as other dried fruit, but just sweet enough (for me at least!)
- Easy to transport and throw in a ziplock baggie as a snack! pair it with some protein and you got a great meal! (i would like to try it diced up on cottage cheese!)
- They are loaded with sugar, 16g per serving and we all know with dried fruit its hard to have JUST one serving since they are so calorie dense
- Although tasty, they are a bit chewy/..it took me a few minutes to chew it down to size till I was OK to swallow, at that point I almost thought 'this wasn't worth it'
overall I think I will be purchasing them again! I would give them a 7 out of 10