This even happened on my street!
Ok, I kid, I kid-this did not take place anywhere around me, nor did it snow more than 4 inches over the weekend.
Now this, is something I don't kid about.
**A reader asked me how I make my oats so creamy and to awnser your questions, I think this looks extra creamy because it is oatbran, not oatmeal. This is the kind I currently have:
Arrowhead Organic Oat bran
1/3 C oatbran, 1/2 banana, frozen blueberries and raspberries, cinnamon, chia, Truvia and some Cinagro honey maple PB on the side
**I don't typically like my PB all drizzled over my oats (sorry if thats wierd) I prefer it on the side in a dish like this** I know, This makes for not such great oats pictures, but what can I say, I like what I like!**
My breakfast was eaten after I hit the gym this morning for a 5 mile run! I felt so great about myself that I busted out 5 on the treadmill. I finished in 42:30. I was only going for 4 miles, but I felt so great and had some awesome tunes (New Spacecowboy CD and Lady Gaga CD) so I just felt like I had to keep going!
I will share some eats from yesterday since I was super busy and didn't have a chance to blog.
Turkey Wrap in Josepsh Lavash wrap, romaine, hummus, stone ground mustard, cuke, tomato
Salad on the side with balsamic glaze and Foods Alive Italian Zest crackers.
I work at a gym and this is what Gym Services sent us for a holiday gift. It looks very innocent like this right?
BAH! Milk Chocolate Truck!
Almost the size of 2 blackberry's.
--I thought this was a bit funny that a gym services company sent us (health professionals) a chocolate truck. I mean, they at LEAST could have made it dark chocolate, 70% cacao (I kid, I kid) very nice of them to send a little gift our way
Kays Natural CInnamon Pretzel sticks
Eaten with plain chobani mixed with cacao powder.
An organic Gala-So juicy and perfectly Ripe.
DInner was left over stir-fry I made with Jason on Sunday night. I know its not pretty but the picture does this NO justice. I made homemade peanut sauce.
I eyeball'ed the whole recipe, but it contained:
- Peanut butter (crunchy)
- rice wine vinegar
- fresh ginger
- Low sodium soy sauce
- chopped garlic
Cooked up the veggies in a skillet, then added the precooked chicken breast and sauce and BAM-easy stirfry! I served it with Brown rice.
Salad on the side too. I certainly had my fair share of veggies yesterday!
Some dessert. Cottage cheese, PB2, blueberries, dollop of Cinagro pumpkin PB.
Tip of the day: Eating out can be very hard especially this time of year with all the comfort foods being featured on the menu during the winter months. Of course you still want to go out and enjoy yourself, but here are some great tips to help you out!
- Ask for baked, grilled, dry-sauteed, broiled, poached, or steamed. Even 'sauteed' means it is probably sauteed in oil or butter.
- If something says it comes with sauce, always ask for it on the side!
- Order an appetizer as your main dish and pair it with a salad. Some restaurants that are known for their big portions also have huge portions as their appetizers as well (and its cheaper!)
- Read the menu on line before you go to the restaurant so you have some idea's of what you want to order. You can use a site like www.HealthyDiningFinder.com
- When ordering Pasta, look for tomato based sauces, not cream based. They are typically much lower in calories and fat.
- Even if something seems healthy chances are it could be cooked in butter or oil, so don't be shy and ask your server!
Plan today will be Manicure/pedicure, Lunch, meet mom at BLOOMINGDALES to get myself a winter coat, back to the gym for upper body weight workut, packing, dinner, bed early, I think our flight is at 6am!
What is your plan today?
What are you listening to on your Ipod Right now?
What are you asking for for the holidays?