PLease Update Your Readers!
Hola...I hope everyones Tuesday is going by as Flying by as fast as the airtime of as Heidi Montag's New single
Really, Heidi? I guess we can't expect much...
I shall start with my delicious post workout shake after my training session. For those of you who don't know, I have a trainer every Monday, I have been seeing him for about a year and he never ceases to challenge me. I get comments all the time with people saying "Naomi, you ARE A TRAINER, why do you need a trainer?" what I say to this is "Yes, I am a trainer, but if doctors have doctors, therapists have therapists and so on... so yes, I have a trainer! I love learning new exercises and we also bounce ideas off of each other with new moves, exercises and techniques. It was a KILLER workout. My HRM said I burned 448 calories with a max HR of 161. My glutes are burning today!
Pumpkalicious Protein Shake
- 1 scoop BSN Lean Dessert Cinnamon Roll Protein powder
- 1/2 C cottage cheese
- 1/2 C unsweetened Almond Breeze
- dollop of pumpkin
- pumpkin pie spice
Dinner was a couple hours later after a trip to Whole Foods. I was craving what else....Kale chips! (is it normal to crave kale chips?)
Kale chips with roasted tofu. I marinated it in low sodium soy sauce and sesame seeds (put some on the kale too)
I made up half the bag of shirataki noodles mixed with 1 LC wedge and tossed some tofu cubes in there. This was great!! These noodles are a great subsitute for pasta! they are 40 calories for the entire bag and only 3g carbs! The possibilities are endless with these. You can find them near the tofu at any Whole Foods.
Some salad on the side with homemade dressing a la Mama Onefitfoodie.
4.69 miles this morning! I was reading some blogs (obv) and reading the lovely Janetha's where she had a great treadmill routine that I printed out
Go to her blog for the rest! This was a killer workout and I couldn't even do all of it. I am 5'2 and going 8.0 on a treadmill with these shorty legs is a sprint for me I had to tone it down a little but it was a great, sweaty running routine!
- 1/3 C oatbran cooked in water
- Chia seeds
- 1/2 nanner
** I had a reader question asking me about my berry berry oats and how this is done. I cook the oats normally and when they are basically done, I add in my frozen berries of choice. Today was cranberries, but sometimes its the cherry mix from TJ's, other days it is just blueberries. I add them in, then pop it back in the microwave for about 45 seconds until they get hot and turn the oats a beautiful color. The berries add such a natural sweetness that I look forward to every morning!**
Cinnamon Swirl Coffee with 1 Truvia packet and skim
Some snackies that held me over until lunch time--MacIntosh apple (local!) Kays Natural pieces of heaven Cinnamon stix, Chobani with cinnamon.
Chilly day here in Boston, and this is what I saw driving home
I tried to zoom as much as I could. This is an elderly man bike riding in SHORTS. I had to slow down to snap a shot, sorry its not that great, I thought it was hilarious! This little man was just out riding his bike in short shorts, if I was outside, I would have given him a pat on the back for this bold move
Came home and started by making a delicious salad dressing
- 1 Tbsp stone ground mustard
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Champagne vinegar from Trader Joes
- Juice of 1/4 orange.
Hugh Jass. Tomatoes, cauliflower, red pepper, black beans, romaine, sprouts, homemade dressing
The rest of my Italian zest tofu
Just browsing the Crate and Barrel Catalog and LOVE these mugs!
- What am I doing right this moment. I am not watching Full House. Ok, yes I am. It is the episode where stephanie gets stood up by who else but the hottie ANDREW KEEGAN
I mean, who didn't love this face? I was obsessed with AK when I was younger!!
Lastly, I received this award from Shelley (thank you girl!!)
1. List 10 things that make you happy
2. Try to do at least one of them every day
3. Tag 10 bloggers who brighten your day
- My Old College Sweatpants: I love coming home after a long day and slipping on these comfy, broken in sweatpants! There is nothing more comfortable in my opinion than that!
- Working Out: Running ,Spinning, weight training! Anything that gets those endorphins pumping, I think this is the most amazing feeling in the world. It is a natural high that just makes me feel so good, strong and healthy!
- Hot Coffee first thing in the morning: Hi I am Naomi, I am a fit foodie and also a coffee addict. There is nothing better than a hot GOOD cuppa joe in the morning. I could savor that flavor all day.
- Singing in the shower: Yes, I do this and if you say you don't your lying, come on-we all know its a great, exhilarating feeling!
- Romantic, Sappy Chick flicks: I love them all, and end up crying at the end of most of them. Bride wars is my new go-to cry, chick flick. Some favorites include Sex and the City movie, Rumor Has It, Anywhere but Here, How to Lose a Guy in 10 days, 27 dresses, The Holiday, Love Actually
- Spending time with my Family and friends who I care so much about: Not much to explain with this one! I <3 my family and friends!
- Finding a new song I love and listening to it on repeat: I LOVE doing this however it is a bad habit because after about 2 weeks I can never listen to the song again!
- Hot oatmeal with drizzled nut butter: Will I ever get sick of this? I think this all the time and I often wonder if I will be that 80 year old woman still making oatmeal with PB.
- Watching the Food Network: I can sit for hours watching channel 66
- Riding on the back of my BF's Harley: Its such a rush and so relaxing!
I will be passing this award onto 3 of my lovah's
I am off to YOGA. I signed up for a class this morning at a local studio. It is low heat, power yoga from 4:30-5:45. YAY
- Do you like Yoga? Favorite Pose?
- What is one thing that makes you happy?
- Who was your favorite male (or female) 'hottie' star??