I have some pics that I finally scrounged up because I got my camera cord back!
Some classic Fit Foodie Oats with Berries, chia and Crazy Richards PB. This was eaten on Sunday morning I believe. Twas delicious!
Wrap from yesterday. 1 Josephs lavash with romaine, sprouts, tomatoes, Sabra and aged provolone chicken sausage from Whole Foods.
Yog mess eaten later in the day. 1 plain chobani yogurt with cinnamon, 1/4 C oats, berries. OH EM GEE. So good! you must make a yog mess if you have not experienced.
A delicious Turkey with a yellow (wierd) pickle, hummus, romaine tomatoes on WW pita.
Jason and I got whole foods salad bar (again) on Sunday for lunch. They had Kale at the salad bar! i was so psyched!! Tofu, lettuce, pepper, kale, egg whites, dried cranberries, peanuts tuna, balsamic. YUM-O
MAIL TIME! I got some POM to try out from the wonderful People at POM Wonderful
- POM Wonderful 100% Pomegranate Juice and POMx are full of antioxidants called phytochemicals. Phytochemicals protect plants from harmful elements in the environment, like ultraviolet radiation and pests. They also provide plants with their sensory characteristics such as color, flavor and smell. Polyphenols are an important class of phytochemical. And tannins, particularly punicalagin, anthocyanins and ellagic acid are all members of the polyphenol family. While many fruits contain some of these antioxidants, pomegranates have large amounts of all three. POM Wonderful 100% Pomegranate Juice contains a great deal of these vital elements because of the way we press our fruit. Immediately upon harvest, we take our fruit to our specially designed presses, which are similar to those used to press champagne grapes. These presses allow us to extract antioxidants and polyphenols from the inedible portion of the fruit, as well as the arils
- POM is the only pomegranate juice that controls its juice from tree to bottle: bottle-to-bottle, batch-to-batch, year-to-year.We grow and hand-pick our own fruit. And we squeeze our pomegranates using proprietary pressing equipment that we designed ourselves. This stringent quality control process results in 100% pomegranate juice with superior taste and a consistent dose of polyphenol antioxidants.
- Unlike other brands, we don’t buy juice from outside vendors, domestic or import. In fact, when we ran short of our own juice in 2006, we simply shipped fewer bottles of juice. We would rather make less money than destroy the integrity of POM Wonderful 100% Pomegranate Juice that our consumers have come to trust. From our orchards to your home – enjoy in good health!
Loved the bottles too!
MMMM....I liked a lot. Tangy and sweet and perfect to quench my thirst! my mom wanted to keep a few to make Pomegranate martini's! TRY POM!!!! 8/10
I finally tried Kombucha!! Verdict? I LOVED IT! I have to say it was really strange at first. It was bitter and slightly carbonated which I was not expecting btu I loved it!!! This was the cosmic Cranberry flavor. The great thing about this is that it is such a large bottle and satisfying that I sipped it over the course of the whole afternoon!
This is the siggi's yogurt I mentioned that I had tried in my last post. It was okay. Not amazing, but ridiculously creamy. The flavor was a bit strange and I saw they had grapefruit?! I think that sounds so crazy I may need to try that flavor next!
Today I had work at 5am, so waking up that early while not feeling well was just not so fun as you can imagine, but such is life! I made my way to work and knew I wanted to get some sort of workout in, so I did some cardio. half treadmill and half spin bike. 25 minutes of each. Great workout HRM said 611 calories, so not bad for a little sick gal.
Oats were eaten shortly after. I dont know why I flavored it with berries and cinnamon and PB, I can;t really smell or taste anything. Oh well. It looked pretty, right?
wierd bite shape-apple at 11:30 am
Sun Warrior Berry protein Shake with Kashi Puffs. Try this!! I love when the puffs sink all in the drink! its like a crunchy surprise in it.
- 1 scoop Protein powder of choice
- handful frozen berries
- 1 C almond, skim or soy milk
- stevia, truvia, honey, sugar if wanted
- BLEND AWAY!
Lunch was a wrap with tofu, baby spinach, hummus, red onion and sprouts AND zesty mustard!
Healthy Choice Fiesta Chicken soup with my wrap! Loved it (what I could taste of it at least!) huge chunks of chicken and lots of rice and veggies!
currently in my cozy bed watching Teen Mom the news. uhhh yeah thats right. All settled in my new apartment and thank you all so much for your support and well wishes! the transition was smooth and I am comfortable here! I told my roomies about my blog too (hi!!!!) which they think is great, and I do too especially because they eat super healthy and love to cook!
I am going to relax for the evening and maybe see Jason later who is sick too...I think we got it from each other...oh well we can be sick together, right?
on another note I cannot stand all the publicity of the Kardashians with this quick trim diet thing. I hear it on the radio every 5 minutes and I swear its plastered everywhere. For two young women who want to be role models, advertising for a diet supplement is not going to get them anywhere!
- What do you eat when you are sick? I love soup and bread, soup and breadddd
- Have you guys ever been to Mr Breakfast?? Such an awesome website with EVERYTHING breakfast!!
- Favorite dried fruit? I was thinking of buying some prunes today because I love them but then decided against it because I can go through a whole box in about 2.5 minutes and I cant taste right now... I do love those and also dried pears!
PEACE AND LOVE