Last night for dinner, I still couldn't fathom eating real nutrients, Aka vegetables and whole grain products. So I stuck with what I know works for my tummy right now
1 egg, 2 egg white open faced sandwich on a sandwich thin with SF strawberry Jam.
And a bowl of half Kashi Honey Sunshine and Half Shredded Spoonfuls with frozen berries, peanuts and raisins. At this point I am eating whatever sounds appealing and it just happens to be cereal!
My roommate on the other hand had a filet mignon with steamed veggies and Laughing Cow (Yes, I was jealous)
My stomach was totally ok for enjoying some fro-yo, I was actually wanting something cold and creamy! This is from the place that delivers! (love living in Boston) I had a Fat free vanilla base with gingersnap and cinnamon mixed in.
---Today was a pretty good 45 minute spin bike workout! HRM=567 calories.
This was the star of breakfast. I ate about 3/4 of the container. Archer Farms strawberry cheesecake yogurt!
Mixed with oatbran (cooked in water) with rasberries
and 1/2 of a banana
--Lunch was a mistake from the beginning. I thought that my stomach was doing great and I was actually starting to want my veggies again! So I thought that a tofu egg wrap would be great!
1 egg, 2 egg whites, raw tofu cubed up, frozen broccoli and peppers.
In a flax, oat bran (BIG mistake) wrap with a Laughing Cow wedge
It looked great, and the first few bites were amazing, but as I took more bites, I knew this wasn't sitting well. This taught me to not push it when you are sick and LISTEN TO YOUR BODY
So, I resorted back to an old friend. Shredded spoonfuls, honey sunshine, raisins in almond milk. *sigh*
I read an article in an old Fitness magazine that made me want to rip my hair out. I can't stand when magazines that are targeted toward young (mostly) female use the word "skinny" like its "healthy" Skinny is a negative term and in some cases a trigger word for many women, so this made me so angry. What does the word "skinny" even mean? To me, it means unhealthy and why would I want to look unhealthy in my own jeans...no thank you
- I went to Bloomingdales and spent half of my paycheck on some cosmetics. To my defense, I do not own any high quality make up, nor am I 'good' at make up. I am a trainer, the most I wear to work is eyeliner and MAYBE mascara, on a good day, but I really don't wear makeup during the day. Jasons brothers wedding is in 2 weeks, and I needed some good products to make myself look purrrty. I also think it doesn't hurt to have some good basic make up that is easy to use!
- The woman who helped me was SO helpful and nice and didn't 'look down upon me' for not knowing a whole lot about makeup which has happened to me at one of these counters before.
I also love MAC right now because my one and only girl is the spokeswoman!
Lady Gaga and Cyndi Lauper
- Lipstick in Viva la Glam
- Eyeshadow in "All that Glitters"
- Eyeshadow in "Espresso"
- Paint Pot in Painterly
- Fluidline Eyeliner gel in Black Track
- Select Moisture Cover in NW20
This is the paint pot in Painterly. I love this product the second she explained and used it on me. It is basically a base to any eyeshadow or eye make up. This is a cream base and goes on light and flawlessly. It acts as glue when eyeshadow is put on top of it and makes the color really POP
I wanted to show how the Paint Pot in Painterly works. This is the Espresso eyeshadow I purchased. On the bottom is a sweep of the shadow on my bare skin and on the top is a sweep of the shadow over the Painterly Base. Can you see how much richer the color is? I think this is great and a little goes a long way, so this will surly last me a long time!!
This is my eye with some of the new paint pot eyeliner. I used a smudge stick after to make it 'smoky' I am still getting used to this and need lots of practice, but its a start!
I also picked up some brushes at Sephora and got a free birthday gift!! (my birthday is 1 week from tomorrow) I love free gifts, even if they aren't food.
I came home and snacked on some Activia yogurt with Shredded Spoonfuls. I am hoping that the probiotics in this yogurt will work out some kinks in my stomach!
And some Yogi Stomach Ease tea. I love this tea for everyday drinking too. It has ginger and licorice root which I love!!
Some wise words to leave you all with....
Currently I am thinking about what to make for dinner (probably eggs and cereal surprise, surprise) and then AMERICAN IDOL!!!
- What is your favorite Make up brand or product? I am always looking for new ideas!!
- What do you think of the word "skinny" do you think it has a negative connotation?
- Are you going through any food phases right now? Um, I would have to say CEREAL for me!
Favorite song right now!!