Happy Tuesday to you all!! Is it me or did the day FLY by. My day started out bright and early with work at 5am. I was just sticking with my cardio workout for today since I had a weight training workout with my trainer, which by the way was STELLAR. I am quite sad right now because I had the BEST post workout protein shake and I think I must have deleted the pictures of it! I used Jay Robb Orange Creamsicle flavor! OMG it was amazing. This tasted exactly like an orange creamsicle. I am loving these crazy Jay Robb samples, and be on the lookout for a 10% off coupon code this week that I am going to be sharing with you all!
Back to my workout this morning:
4.0, 4 % incline (warm up)
20 minutes HIIT on the treadmill. This workout is borrowed from the wonderful Janetha
- 10 minutes elliptical
- 15 minutes spin bike
- DONE....533 Calories WOO and just like Janetha, I burned most of that during my HIIT workout. Love the HIIT!! If you are wondering what the heck HIIT is. Find out here in my exercise tips page!
- 1/3 C oatbran cooked in water
- 1 TBSP flax seed
- Frozen berries
- 1 TBSP Naturally More Almond Butter (my new favorite!)
At this point, I started surfing the web for recipes. I know I wanted to make something today...something like protein muffins or protein loaf, and I also didn't want to have to buy anything extra. All of the ingredients needed to be at my house. I did come across SO many recipes that I want to make including:
- Alyson's Cinnamon Roll Quinoa Muffins (I highlighted the recipe link to each of these recipes)
- Allie's Avocado Banana Bread
- Janetha's Apple Cinnamon Coffee Cake
- Kellys Flaxseed oatmeal muffins
- Lisa's Blueberry Bran protein muffins
At this point, I was ready for a snack, since all of this muffin searching was getting me hungry!
TJ's greek yogurt mixed with 2 TBSP cinnamon Roll protein powder
and 1 serving of Natures Path Heritage flakes
Loooonch time. I came home and was ravenous. I whipped out a Josephs wrap and started assembling.
- Low sodium turkey breast
- 1 TBSP hummus
- 1 LC wedge
Mid bite shot. YUM so good. Just what I wanted.
SOme more nutrients on the side. I am loving raw mushrooms lately!!
I got a pedicure!! (for the wedding this weekend, I am wearing peep toe pumps, so a little red never hurts!) I got OPI Kennebunkport I love the names of OPI polish!
I came home and got my baking hat on! I had to make up for my Carrot Cake fail last week!
Apple cinnamon Protein Muffins!
- 1 C oat bran (can use whole wheat flour)
- 3 scoops Protein Powder (I used 2 of 'all natural' flavor BIOCHEM and 1 scoop BSN lean dessert cinnamon roll
- 1/2 C applesauce
- 1 TBSP cinnamon
- 1.5 TSP baking powder
- .5 TSP baking soda
- 2 egg whites
- 3 TBSP flaxseed meal (ground up flaxseed)
- 1/3 C raisins (optional)
- Mix all ingredients in 1 bowl. Make sure to break up any clumps that appear. Pour out in muffin tins till 3/4 full. Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes (my oven is crazy and only took 15)
WOW. I would like to give myself a pat on the back. These were SO GOOD! I will find out the stats if you are interested. But this is packed with good stuff :)
I am about to indulge in a ROOMIE dinner! We made a delicious dinner for my birthday. I know it was last week but this is the first night the 3 of us have been all together for dinner. I will give you a sneak peak
veggies! Full update tomorrow! It may or may not end in fro yo.
Have a great night my bloggie lovahs!
- Favorite muffin?
- Favorite protein powder?
- Favorite veggie?