Hey guys! It is so beautiful here today, I am so happy that I worked the morning shift today, which means I had the day to enjoy and also get the new IPHONE 4G!!! I have been waiting patiently for an upgrade to my now seemingly outdated crackberry that has pieces falling out of it. Today was the first day you could pre-order the phone, so this is just what I did. It comes in next Thursday or Friday and I cannot wait. It will take me a while to get used to all of this technology!
I have TWO recipes to share with you both today. They are not OneFitFoodie Originals, like this one and this one but still, they are pretty darn good!
First up, I had been wanting to make Katies Maple Peanut Butter Protein Bars for a while now! And yesterday, this is just what I did
With the scribbled recipe (on the left) I got to baking
Tofu, syrup and PB in the food processor
I used PB & CO white chocolate wonderful, because to be honest, when I have peanut butter on oats and such, I like it straight up just peanuts and salt, this candy tasting PB is great for baking though, and I had a jar waiting to be eaten!
I also had some Natures Hollow SF maple syrup
Mix the wet into the dry and mix
Instead of bars, I decided to make muffins because for me they are easier to freeze and just grab them pre portioned on the go!
These were delicious and so moist from the tofu! You could not even taste it. Definately a keeper recipe, thanks Katie!
I had a hankering for something cold and creamy, so I resorted to some cottage cheese with bloobs, millet puffs and peanut butter pre dinner.
And beacuse I was still craving them, I cooked up another batch of Mama Pea's Protein Packed Falafels
That is some goat cheese in the background. I placed the balls on a whole wheat tortilla with some arugula and hummus on the side
Wrapped up and devoured. These are amazing. Life changing.
On the side, some roasted green beans and cauliflower with nOOch
In my cherry bowl!
I acutally just wanted to go right to dessert after I got this at the store. Tart? Mango? Edys? It should be called OneFitFoodie.
I tried it out of the container, which I think is appropriate and totally okay when you are home alone, or not.
with the essentials
This morning, Insanity it was and today I am SORE. One of the DVD's (The max plyo one) contains a whole lot of push ups, and I don't mean normal push ups, but I mean moving push ups, jumping jack push ups, side push ups--crazy stuff, and my chest and abs are feeling this workout today. Needless to say, I really had to push myself today. I did feel quite accomplished afterwards!
I celebrated with some breakfast. Protein oatbran with Sun Warrior, 1/2 banana, blueberries, and tons of cinnamon! At around 11am, I had an unpictured apple and chobani yogurt, but you all know what that looks like!
I ate my salad outside it was so beautiful out! I made this myself, Kept the container from yesterday. It was romaine, tomatoes, 1/4 of an avocado, mushrooms, sprouts, turkey breast and eddamame
I started reading the Kind Diet, since it had been sitting on my shelf for a while. I love to read books like this and get some great recipes as well. All in all, I really enjoy this book and Alicia's perspective. Although I do not agree with everything she says (Example-dairy makes you gain weight as well as meat) I do however, think the whole idea of eating foods more natural and close to the earth is better for the body.
I spotted these
Whole wheat pastry flower and safflower oil-both new to me!
I put the dry ingredients in a big bowl and added the oil, slowly...while stirring with a fork
The mixture became clumpy but I just kept forking through it
After slowly added the rice milk, I sprinkled some flour on a clean surface
And kneaded the dough
Its a good thing I workout, this called for some serious muscle power :)
Rolled out to 1/2 inch thick
Since we are not such a baking family, I used this glass instead! (not a great idea since it fell on the ground afterwards and cracked)
after 10-12 minutes at 450 degrees. They were perfect! they looked more like sugar cookies than anything else, but smelled SO good
They were flaky and buttery (surprisingly so because there is no butter in the recipe)
My mom said they taste more dessert-like but were SO delicious!
Whole Wheat Biscuits from The Kind Diet
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 T baking powder
- 1/2 t fine sea salt
- 1/2 C safflower oil
- Approximately 1/2 C plain non dairy milk (more or less as needed)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Slowly pour in the oil, mixing with a fork until the mixture is combined. It will be quite crumbly. Add the milk a little at a time, stirring with a fork. You want to use just enough milk to bring the mixture together.
- Gather dough into a ball, and place it on a alightly floured surface. Knead the dought about 25 times, then smooth the dough into a bal and pat it into a 1/2 inch thick round disk. Use a 2 1/2 biscuit cutter or the rim of a glass or jar to cut out the biscuits. Place the biscuits on an ungreased cookie sheet. If you like the sides crispier, place them about 1 inch apart. For softer sides, have the biscuits touching.
- Bake in the center rack for 10-12 minutes or until the bottoms are golden. Serve hot or warm
I am off to have dinner at my parents house!
- What is your most memorable baking experience
- What is your favorite type of carb currently? Mine is Ezekial bread and corn!!
- Are you into technology and having the most current items on the market?