Happy Hump day, beautifu people!! Tomorrow is my Friday because I have Friday off. Why do I have Friday off you ask? I am packing up and heading to Laconia NH with my fellow Biker for Bike Week!
What am I exptecting? I have NO idea...some great people watching, I will tell you that! We are going Friday-Sunday. I will be sure to document the fun!
Backing up to yesterday for a bit. I had to return something at the mall, and couldn't help but visit Sur La Table This store is a chefs, bakers, food bloggers DREAM. I could seriously spend my whole pay check in this store and at least 3 hours. At least.
A looksy inside
So many SPOONS!
Did I want them all? Yes. These were not cheap, so sadly I only chose two
The finals! I love the long handled one. These are great to add to my collection!!
I also got this adorable cherry bowl
I whipped up a protein shake when I got home, with the help from my fit friend, Mr. Robb
I also got this beer smoothie mug.
- 1 Packet Jay Robb Pina Colada protein powder (one of my top favorites)
- handful of frozen mango
- handful of frozen peaches
- 1 C almond milk
- Dollop cottage cheese
- handful of fresh blueberries (wierd, the fresh ones don't turn it blue!)
- Whipped cream for the top
Took me right to the tropical islands (sigh)
SHortly after, I started preparing dinner for me and my friend, who was coming over to eat with me!
I cut up 1 huge eggplant, carrot and 2 zuchinnis
I made the BEST marinade for this tofu
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 T sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp minced garlic
Perfectly roasted tofu (375 degrees for 25 minutes) I also cooked up some simple millet.
This dinner was SO delicious!
This morning. I started the day with a 2 mile walk. Afterwards I was ready for some bfast! I cooked up some stove top oats.
- 1/2 C oats
- 1/2 C almond milk
- 1 T chia seeds
- 1 scoop sun warrior protein powder
- 1/2 banana
- fresh blueberries and 2 fresh strawberries
Topped with some almond slivers
Lunch was simple as can be! 1 slice of ezekial bread with hummus, arugala, sprouts and maple roasted turkey breast
Simple chopped salad with homemade dressing (balsamic, olive oil, dijon mustard)
INSANITY was insane today. As always. I love Shaun T. I said to my friend I want him to do an INSANITY tour, sign the dvd's, hold a class...how fun would that be?
Post insanity, I refueled with 2 hardboiled egg whites and an apple!
A little while later, I used half of this Luna bar as a greek yogurt topper. For some reason, I always need something atop or to mix into my yogurt, its just so...boring when its plain! Not bad, but boring!
Chobani with 1/2 crumbled Luna bar and 10 roasted almonds
Perfect combination of crunchy, tasty, fat, protein. I will never get sick of greek yogurt. I think I will be 80 and still eating it
Dinner was leftover falafels Broccoli topped with nooch and some chickpeas
Still got it.
On Janetha's blog she was talking about some upper back weight training, which probed me to help her out, give her some exercises and tlak to her about some upper body weight training tips. Of course, I am going to share it with you all as well! Keep in mind, you cannot spot reduce, this does not exsist. If you want to sculpt and tone your muscles, this comes with a combination of strength training, cardio and proper diet. This is a winning combination for increased muscle mass and increased metabolism
UPPER BODY TRAINING TIPS:
1. always work your larger muscle groups FIRST (think chest and back and smaller would be triceps and biceps) These larger muscle groups can handle heavier weight and you want your arms nice and fresh to be able to lift heavy
2. Choose a heavy enough weight so that you can ONLY complete the desired number of repetitions (6-8 for muscle building, 10-12 for muscle/endurance and 12-16 for endurance). The last few reps…well you should be struggling
3.you can train pyramid style which is similar to BFL where you start light, end heavy, or start heavy and end light in a pyramid style. This will shock your muscles and work them to fatigue
4. never work the same muscle group back to back…you can divide it up by muscles that work with eachother (they are called agonist) this would be back and biceps, then chest and triceps…shoulders can be done on either of thsoe days!
- Pina coladas or strawberry daquiris? For me, its pina's all the way!
- If you had 800 dollars, what category would you spend it on? (clothing, accessories, shoes, home decor, etc) For me, this is a toughy but probably shoes or bags!!
- How was your HUMP day?