All of this talk about not knowing how to use twitter got me thinking about getting older. There are some days where I feel young and spry and find it hilarious that I have to help my mom load songs onto her Ipod, and there are other times that I feel so old, when I ask someone younger than me about something like "Oh, remember New Kids on the Block" and they stare at me. Which brings me to this list I found here... ( I have bolded the ones that apply most to me!)
YOU KNOW YOU WERE BORN IN THE 80's WHEN..... (source)
- You had a crush on one of the New Kids on the Block members.
- You wanted to be on StarSearch. (Come on, we all did)
- You can remember what Michael Jackson looked like before his nose fell off. Or even when he had those freaky eyes in "Thriller" at the end of the video.
- You wore a banana clip or one of those slap on wrist bands at some point during your youth.
- You wore french rolls on the botom of your splatter painted jeans.
- You had slouch socks, and puff painted your own shirt at least once.
- You owned a doll with 'Xavier Roberts' signed on it's butt.
- You knew what Willis was "talkin' 'bout."
- You know the profound meaning of "Wax on, Wax off."
- You can name at least half of the members of the elite "Brat Pack."
- You can remeber watching full house and saved by the bell for endless hours.
- You have seen at least 10 episodes of Fraggle Rock.
- You know that another name for a keyboard is a "Synthesizer."
- You hold a special place in your heart for "Back to the Future."
- You know where to go if you "wanna go where everybody knows your name."
- You thought Molly Ringwald was REALLY cool. (Was there an 80's movie she WASN'T in?)
- You know what "Sike" means.
- You fell victim to 80's fashion: big hair, crimped, combed over to the side, and you wore spandex pants
- You wanted to be a Goonie ("Goonies never say die.")
- You've heard of Garbage Pail Kids.
- You knew "The Artist" when he was humbly called "Prince."
- You actually saw Ted Danson as the MacDaddy he played "Sam" to be.
- You ever wore flourescent -neon if you will clothing...(or nailpolish) <--STILL DO!
- You could breakdance, or wished you could.
- You know who Max Headroom is.
- You remember when ATARI2 was a state of the art video game system. (Remember Pong)
- You know all the words to "ice ice baby".
- You remember M.C hammer.
- You can still sing the rap to "fresh Prince of BelAir".
- You own any cassettes.
- You were led to believe that in the year 2000 we'd all be living on the moon.
- You remember and/or own any of the CareBear Glass collection from Pizza Hut.
- You carried your lunch to school in a Gremlins or an ET lunchbox.
- You have ever pondered why Smurfette was the ONLY female smurf.
- You wanted to communicate with some being named Cinergy, or you wanted green hair like that lead singer of the Misfits.
- You know what a Doozer is.
- You wore biker shorts underneath a short skirt and felt stylish.
- You ever had a Swatch Watch.
- You actually spent countless hours trying to perfect the care-bear stare.
- You had a crush on one of the Coreys (Haim or Feldman).
- You remember when Saturday Night Live was funny.
- You had WonderWoman or Superman underoos.
- You wanted to be The Hulk for Halloween.
- You Believed that "By the power of Greyskull, you HAD the power!"
- You thought that Transformers were more than meets the eye.
- You know what a "Whammee" is. ("No Whammy, no whammy, stop!!")
- Partying "like it's 1999" seemed SO far away
Moving onto Wednesday. I enjoyed a chocolate whey shake post P90X back and biceps. If you are a follower of my blog and me, you know that biceps is my least favorite body part to work! So, this video is great beacuse it forces me to work the biceps, and the stronger I get, the more enjoyable it is for me. For the Back portion of the video, I can't do unassisted pull ups, so I either use the bands, or the assisted pull up machine. There is this one move called "corn on the cob pull ups" which I hope to be able to do one day, but they are EXTREMELY difficult (even on the assisted machine!)
You pull up, go to the left, to the right, away from the bar, and down. Phew! (source)
Later in the day, I munched on some raw almonds
and a Josephs low carb pita ( I had 1 egg and 2 eggwhites placed in there for a mini egg sandwich)
I made two dinners on sunday night, and packed them in tupperwares for me to have easy meals to bring to work! (since I eat dinner at work 2x a week) This is 3.5 oz grilled chicken, steamed broc and 3/4 C cooked whole wheat cous cous. The brand of whole wheat cous cous I have is Lundberg, and I got it at Whole Foods. Its delicious!!
Yesterday morning, I awoke to a delicious bowl. 1/2 C oats cooked in water, 1/2 C blueberries, 1/2 C diced strawberries, 2 eggwhites and a tsp of flaxseed meal (note to self, mix in the flax next time, I am not a fan of the taste by itself)
Looks like brown sugar, doesn't it?
For a mid morning snack, I had a siggi's yogurt and a gala apple (eaten in the car, hence no pic! I'm not so daring like my girl, Julie to use her camera while driving...she has SKILLS)
For lunch, I had a coupon at the cafeteria at work for $10, so I took advantage of the pre-paid lunch! I made a delicious salad chock full o' veggies and grilled chicken that was so delcious!!
Baby spinach, red pepper, green beans, zuchinni, yellow pepper, cuke and shrooms with balsamic vinegar and a teeny bit of EVOO.
I also had 1/2 of a 6oz sweet potato that I baked at my apt before I came to work.
-----Workout: P90X-Chest Shoulders and Triceps--HOLY PUSH UPS! We do every form of push up you can think of in this video, my arms were shaking at the end. For most of the push up exercises, I started on my feet, but finished on my knees, so I could preform more reps with proper form (which is A-OK with me) since I didn't want to half-ass the full push ups and possibly injure myself!
I topped my workout off with a MGN Ice Cream Sandwich protein shake! 1 scoop mixed with ice and water and 1/2 C almond milk. DEEELISH
I also had to teach a 45 minute spin class later, so I made sure to fuel my body the proper way. When I know I am working out 2x a day, I always eat to fuel my workouts, even if I am not hungry, I know my body needs it to get through the workout, so I eat!!
I got creative. I had the other half of my 6oz sweet potato (so 3oz) atop a salt free rice cake sprinkled with cinnamon! It was such a nice snack!
So good! Peanut butter would make it even better, but pre workout is a time where fats should be minimal or none at all because you want food that can be digested easily so there is no decrease in blood flow to the muscles
Other pre workout suggestions:
Whole wheat crackers & string cheese OR cottage cheese
1 piece of fruit with 2 hard boiled eggwhites
1 slice of whole wheat toast with 2 T hummus and a sprinkle of low fat cheese
1 small banana & cottage cheese
Do you remember-Jay Sean (warm up)
When love takes over-David Guetta & Kelly Rowland
Force of nature-Groover Coverage
Dj got us falling in love-Usher Ft Pittbull
Secret of Love-Carcera
The opposite of adults-Chiddy Bang
Break your heart (remix)-Taio Cruz & Ludaris
Doesn't mean anything-Alicia Keys (cool down)
** As you can see, I split up the class, so the first half we worked on slower speed, heavier resistance and climbs. The 2nd half of class we worked on quick speed, sprints and jumps! It was a great class!
Post workout snack: This is a time where you need to get food in your body somewhat fast. I tell people within 45 minutes, sooner if possible. Your body wants to refill its glycogen stores, so effective rebuilding and recovery would be to eat a snack with carbs & protein that is low in fat. I had 1/2 of a banana and 2 hard boiled eggwhites and that did the trick!
Other post workout suggestions:
1 piece of fruit & string cheese
1 scoop of Whey protein mixed with 1/2 C skim milk and some berries
1/2 C cottage cheese and 1 slice of whole wheat toast (or whole wheat crackers)
This morning, I had 1/2 banana and a hard boiled eggwhite before TURBOFIRING it up! I love this workout!! i feel is so much in my core, and its so fun! the workout FLIES by, and when its over, I want more! Chalene's energy is so contagious and I really am enjoying the workouts!
Have a great Friday, peeps!!
- What is one thing you remember from growing up (it can be in 60's,70's,80's,90's)? I remember playing chinese Jump Rope at school every single day during recess! Also watching SNICK on Nickelodeon! I also wore colored spandex everyday with a matching top!
- Do you pay attention to your pre and post workout food? I always try to! I never eat fats right before or after a workout, because this is time where fats should be LOW, so as long as I have some protein and carbs, I am good to go!
- Do you have any new song recommendations that would be great in my spin class??