Wow, I am so happy that you all liked my At Home Workout Bible After I posted it, I realized what a great resource it was and printed a copy out for myself! Seriously, you do NOT need a gym or even to leave your house/apartment to have an efficient workout. Speaking of which, I have a new exercise to add to the list for the quads. WALL SITS. Wow, those are killer. Try 2 sets until failure and your quads will shake! Moving on, I have lots of food pics from the past few days including over the weekend, so bear with me!
I don't snap EVERYTHING i eat, but this lunch was awesome! I believe it was from Saturday. For my healthy fats, I was going to have avocado, but I had a craving for peanut butter, so decided to mix it up
The salad was baby spinach, zuchinni, sprouts, cucumber, cauliflower and grilled chicken. Topped with balsamic vinegar
On sunday, I recieved some FRESH tomatoes and basil from a family friends garden. I opened the bag and was blown away by the smell of the tomatoes and basil together. All I am missing is the mozzerella!
The tomatoes were all different and funky shapes and sizes, which I think make them even more tasty! The basil was so fresh and pungent!
I used the fresh tomatoes and basil on a simple salad with dinner on Sunday night
Grilled sirloin and steamed broccoli!
Yesterday I made a delicious post workout smoothie. I used the MGN ice cream sandwich flavor, mixed in the blender with water and ice. (I ORDERED the "gums" I cannot wait to smoothify them!!)
I threw in some fresh blackberries into the smoothie
1/4 C oatmeal as well. I topped some oatmeal with the smoothie and it was delicious!
Workout schedule usually looks as follows:
Monday: HIIT cardio & Back and Biceps
Tuesday: SS cardio & Legs
Wednesday: HIIT cardio & Shoulders, core
Thursday: SS cardio My choice workouts (usually a leg workout)
Friday: Functional workout (which is an Insanity type workout done in an open space-no weights required)
Saturday: Chest and Triceps
** Obviously, this is not the SAME exact each week, but just an outline of what a week for me could look like!
Last night for dinner I had some steamed kale and zucchini wih ground, lean turkey breast.
And a simple baby spinach salad with FRESH tomatoes (they seriously taste sweet like candy!) and cucumbers. I sprinkled some minced garlic for a punch!
This morning, I hit the gym early for some cardio. Jess has been helping me SO much with everything fromt diet to workouts to life. She gets back to me SUPER FAST with any questions that I have had, because she has competed in the past. Thanks JESS! So, instead of going on an empty stomach (I really don't like working out with an empty stomach) I had 1/2 scoop whey in water and a slice of a peach!
Cardio this morning:
- 20 min HIIT on the stepmill (the revolving stairs-love 'em!) I alternated between a 'recovery level' and a 'high intensity level' for me. It was lovely
- 20 min HIIT on arc trainer: I gradually increased the ramp and resistance, then brought it down. It wasn't as intense as a normal HIIT workout, but it was still REALLY tough!
I came home and whipped up this beauty. Oats ( I cooked up 1/2 and split it up) first half now, and I will eat the second half after my leg workout. 1/2 C liquid egg whites, blueberries and fresh blackberries. How do I get the color of those oats you ask?
This tremendous trio right here. I use these three items in every single bowl I make!
1. Nutmeg (adds a nutty, sweet flavor)
2. Cinnamon (do I even need to explain?-it ROCKS)
3. Vanilla (sweet, rich and buttery tasting!!)
Speaking of trios, here is another that I use (not in my oats of course) The Mrs Dash line. These no salt seasonings are awesome on everything from steamed kale to grilled chicken to brown rice! I love them!
1. Original blend: This has about everything under the sun including pepper, lemon, orange peel, cardamom, rosemary, garlic, marjoram, thyme, basil. Its a great ALL AROUND seasoning!
2. Lemon Pepper: This has a bit of a bite to it! Meaning it is a bit spicy. But delicious. I use it the most on meats.
3. Southwest Chipotle: I love this one and use it the most on brown rice and also sprinkle it on my salads! It has cayanne,sweet chili pepper, chipotle chili pepper, cumin, oregano, garlic, mustard, rosemary, thyme, garlic, lemon
So, I just got back from the gym (again, yes) and I made myself a whey protein shake and added some peaches!
MMMM it was good, but to be honest, I couldn't really taste the peach. Oh well. It was still pretty!
The other day I went to Lululemon, and I swear that store will clear out my bank account. I cannot go in it without getting something! This was absolutely the case the other day when I went. Something about walking into that store makes me feel so relaxed and makes me want to buy everything!
I got this tank. NOT in this color. I got it in a dark gray. I loved it because I loved the back. Racerbacks scream my name and this tank fit like a glove. I had to get it. I also got a simple black longsleeve T that is SO soft. It is something I could wear to work, in the gym or with a pair of jeans, so i love the versitility of it!
Have a wonderful day, friends!!!
- Is there a store you walk in and CANNOT walk out empty handed (food shopping not included)? For me, its Lulu-always!!
- Do you write out your workout schedule each week, or do you wing it each day? I always try to know what I am doing each day, and ALWAYS know what I am doing when I get to the gym. It really doesn't take that much prep and I am always more efficient that way!
- What FRESH ingredient are you most excited about as we approach fall? For me, thats apples and red peppers. They are SO sweet these days!