I left you Saturday and that night, J and I went out to dinner to a great local restaurant.
We started with the special salad which was arugula, blue cheese, fresh avocado, pears and artichoke heart (s) I say that because there was only that measly little one in the bottom left corner. Oh well, the salad was still great! I am not a huge fan of blue cheese but once in a while its tasty!
Crusty bread and hummus
I got the spicy chicken sandwich with lettuce tomato and a side salad instead of the fries. It was slathered with a cajun mayo aoili. So tasty! I never order grilled chicken sandwiches at restaurants and I have no idea why! I think of them more as a lunch food, but in no way was this just a lunch meal. I loved it! I didn't eat the bun either because I had some flat bread out of the basket.
J got the meatloaf that was as big as his head! I am not a fan of meatloaf, but its one of his favorite comfort foods, so mashers and meatloaf it was!
Sunday was filled with lots of errands!
Breakfast was first. Berry berry oats w/ 1/2 banana and lots of cinnamon!
We stopped at the mall and walked through Bloomingdales. Look what I found!
The cutest espresso cups!
We had some amazing tea at a restaurant the other day and were determined to buy some loose leaf tea. Teavana was the perfect spot!
We got two different loose teas. Blueberry Bliss and Rooibos Chai
Blueberry Bliss. Look at all the large pieces of blueberries and cranberries in there. It smelled like heaven.
Dropped 1.5 Tsp per 8oz of water in the tea pot.
Pour in the hot water and let it sit for about 4 minutes. Then simply place it over a cup and press down. The tea falls into the cup and leaves the loose tea in the container. I forgot to snap a shot of the final product but it was beautifully purple-y red. It tasted so fruity and sweet. I couldn't believe all that flavor came from this tea!
Dinner was broccoli rabe, roasted cauliflower, italian zest tofu and a piece of Joseph's pita which was dipped in hummus.
Today started off with a 4.3 mile run BRIGHT and early at around 6:15. I had work at 5, so I just snuck this right in at work! It felt great! I really wish it wasn't cold out so I could run outside, I know this is so much better for my training for a possible half marathon or at least 10k
1/3 C oatbran, cinnamon, 1/2 banana, 5 frozen cherries, chia. (Crazy Richards on the side!)
Chob's with cinnamon a few hours later
WIth some of these babies (Kays Natural's Cookie Bites)
Lunch was a ensalada grande
- black beans
- yellow pep
- snap peas
- balsamic vinegar
Side of the When pigs fly low carb bread, italian zest tofu, dollop o' hummus
I also recieved my bottle that I won from Eatcleanlivegreen. Thanks Allison!!
Its perfect! I cannot wait to use this in the gym today!
So many of us have new years resolutions having to do with 'getting healthier' and 'exercising' or changing up our routines. New year, new you, no time like the present right? At work this week I have already had many newcomers join our gym and ask for a new kick start program to shake things up and really kick them into gear! I love how the new year gives so many people new found motivation to start getting healthier and THIS is why i LOVE being a personal trainer. I am not only a trainer, but a motivator, a little kick in the butt for those who need it and I love giving people the gift of health!
Here are some great tips to change up your routine and blast out of that rut!
- instead of normal plie squats, try 10 normal plie squats, then 10 raising your left heel, 10 raising your right heel, then 10 with both heels lifted off the ground
- Instead of walking lunges, try walking lunges with a bicep curl. Everytime your foot hits the ground, slowly curl your arms up, keeping them close to your body engaging your biceps.
- Instead of walking uphill on a treadmill, try one minute side shuffling LEFT leg first, then switch to the other side, then try walking backwards, alternating a minute each. (keep your speed at about 2.5 and incline at about 5% grade)
- Instead of squats, try squats throwing the medicine ball up and against a wall. Squat down and every time you come up throw the medicine ball against the wall, catch and squat back down. Repeat for 1 minute.
- Instead of the plank on the mat, try the plank on a stability or BOSU ball. If you are really feeling strong, try bringing one knee into your chest, then alternate bringing the other knee in.
- Instead of shoulder press with a bar, try a upright vertical row-->shoulder press with the bar. Two moves in one!
- Instead of oblique crunches on the mat, try side crunches on the stability ball. You may need to anchor yourself during this exercise by placing your feet against the base of a wall Lie with you left side on the ball. Stagger your feet so that your right leg is in front of your left leg. Place your hands behind your head. Crunch your body to the right side, lifting your left side off the ball. Move in a straight line. Hold at the top for 1 second as slowly lower to the starting position. Repeat on the other side.
- instead of warming up on the stair master, try facing backwards and doing it this way. You will hit different muscle groups then facing the 'normal' way. It hits your inner and outer thighs.
- Instead of doing doing dumbbell chest press with your back flat on the bench, use the stability ball as your bench. Rest your neck on the ball and extend your feet so they are flat on the ground. Keep your hips up and this will hit your glutes while performing your chest exercise at the same time!
I am off to the gym for a weight training session with my trainer! I will be sure to spill the workout afterwards!
- What is your 'instead of' to make a normal exercise more challenging?
- What have you been doing to make some of your 2010 goals attainable
- Do you use an aluminum bottle or do you refill plastic bottles?