Please copy and paste this link into your readers if you are not getting updates!
-------I know I mentioned this yesterday but I want to invite you all to visit my cousin's site Tastylife. She is a foodie just like us and has lots of great recipes and tricks. She works as a certified holistic health coach and health educator, with the long term goal is to implement comprehensive school health program around Canada, empowering youth to be advocates for their own communities and families. Right now she is having an AWESOME giveaway so go check her out!
I want to start by possibly opening a whole can of worms here and it has to do with this
Heidi was on Good Morning America this morning and you can watch the interview HERE
- For those of you who have no idea who or what this is. This is Heidi Montag. She and her Husband, Spencer have become B-list celebrities from their apperance on "The Hills" on MTV. Back in November, Heidi had some plastic surgery. Ok, she had A LOT of plastic surgery-10 procedures to be exact all performed in 1 day.
- Heidi says " I was made fun of when I was younger, and so I had insecurities, especially after I moved to L.A. People said I had a "Jay Leno chin"; they'd circle it on blogs and say nasty things. It bothered me. And when I watched myself on The Hills, my ears would be sticking out likle Dumbo! I just wanted to feel more confident and look in the mirror and be like, "Whoa! That's me!" I was an ugly duckling before." Well I guess she felt that going under the knife would make all of her problems go away.
- Heidi has just come out with a new CD appropriately titled "SUPERFICIAL" On Good Morning America and in her People Magazine article she spoke about how this is "her choice' and she is in a cut throat industry so she wanted to improve her 'looks' (which in my opinion, made her look 10 times worse) She wants to be a role model to young girls by telling them that inner beauty is the most important, but how can inner beauty be important when she just spent over $30,000 in plastic surgery fixing her outer self?
- I feel bad for this 23 year old who thinks this is normal, safe and most importantly think she is a role model.
- What are your thoughts on This?
Ok onto some eats! I had an awesome workout with my trainer yesterday. It was a hard core plyo, weight training sesh and I am feeling it in my glutes today!
I came home and feasted on this Post Workout treat!
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 scoop BSN Cinnamon Roll Protein Powder
- 1 Cup Kashi Puffs
Breakfast this morning was the usual oats. This time they were upside down!
PB on the bottom!!
Lunch Featured this new product. I was psyched to try it! 120 calories, 1g Carbs, 21 g protein, 490mg sodium
On a whole wheat pita with lettuce, tomaters, sprouts, laughing cow wedge and pickles (still love them!)
It was messy, but I really liked this! If you like smoked salmon AKA lox, then you will love this product!
Eaten around 4:00 ANother Pinata! I love these!
Cottage cheese & Chickpeas with some sesame seasonings.
(recycled pic) some Kays Protein Puffs and Chobs was eaten PRE spin class. great fuel-try it!
I taught Spin class tonight at my gym is was such a great class!! Playlist below
- Your love is my drug: Kesha
- Sexy B*tch: Akon and David Guetta
- Audience of One: Rise Against
- Dissapoint: Assemblage 23
- Stronger: Kanye West
- Monster: Lady Gaga
- Miracle: Cascada
- Every Morning: Basshunter
- Dance in the Dark: Lady Gaga
- Uprising: Muse
- Music Is My Life: (don't know its a great techno song though!)
HRM: 586 Calories with a Max HR of 178
Dinnah was a Josephs wrap with Laughing cow, lettuce, smashed chickpeas
Layer 2: addition of chicken meatballs (the fontina and spinach ones!)
WIth some homemade pasta sauce-all wrapped up! It was a healthified Meatball sub! So good!
With some of my mom's homemade butternut squash/fennel soup. I don't want to toot my own mom's horn but I will. She needs to open a soup restaurant. They are always so different and amazing. She doesn't use salt and it is just so flavorful. I was savoring each bite fo reallll (I also added these 'shrooms, they weren't in the big pot!)
Currently watching some TV with this sugar cookie candle on my side. The whole room smells like cookies its intoxicating! Biggest loser was interrupted because of the Massachusetts senate race which goes to SCOTT BROWN!
- What do you think of This whole Heidi surgery craziness? I think its ridic! the girl is off the rocker and I feel bad for her!
- What is your favorite dish made by your mom? I LOVE her soups and she also makes a mean roasted chicken!
- Do you like to 'healthify' meals that may otherwise be unhealthy? I DO!