First, I Just want to say that my cousin is having a great giveaway over at her blog tastylife! Go check it out!!
Currently watching American Idol. Love this show just can't get enough! I slept AMAZING last night. Seriously I think that I fell asleep in 3.5 minutes flat which is rare for me! I really needed that 9 hours of sleep. I woke up, refreshed and walked my 1 minute walk down the street to my gym! I had a great workout. I did weights circuits because I knew I was doing cardio later at work (today would be a double workout sesh day, just because of the time and also I had no gym time in Canada so I was craving a little extra today!
- Rear Delt raises
- Back row
- Plyo lunges with a sprint take off
- Bench Leg lifts
- Tricep kick backs
- Step up with cross
- Sit up-jump ups
- Push ups
- Jump Rope 2 mins
- Plank 1 min on stability ball, alternating kicking legs to sides
- Assisted pull ups
- 5 min RUN on treadmill
- Medicine ball windshield wipers
This looks like slop but it was amazing!! I missed my oats while away thats for sure. 1/2 C oats, chia, stevia, frozen berries, eggwhites, PB added at the end
Lunch was a salad with asparagus, yellow pepper, romaine, red onion, kidney beans
Whole wheat pita with tofu (with cholula!!) pea shoots, romaine, hummus
I want to talk for a sec about the importance of spinning shoes!
In addition to being an ACSM certified personal trainer I am also SPIN certified. I love spinning. It is maybe one of my most enjoyable forms of cardio. I always look forward to spin classes and also teaching them as well. About a year ago when I got very into it, I purchased a pair of spinning shoes. I got them as a recommendation from an instructor who said “Just get them, they will change your life” so I did. And WOW, they changed my life!
- Cycling is meant to not only use a down force on the pedal, but an upward pulling motion as well. Clip-in spinning shoes allow this motion. For spinning, this uses muscles you would not normally use without the upstroke. More muscles used means….you guessed it…more calories burned and more weight loss.
- Even though the spinning cycle is stationary, there are safety issues with having feet slip off pedals. Most of these issues are magnified when standing up on the cycle. Clip in spinning shoes secure your feet to the pedals ensuring no pulled muscles, bruised shins, and various other pedaling injuries.
- The smooth pedaling motion created by the constant connection to the bike allows all of your leg muscles to work in unison.
- Spinning shoes are designed with a rigid layer near the balls of your feet to allow maximum power from your legs to reach the pedals.
The shoes have a clip on the bottom of them. This is the clip that clips into the pedal on the actual bike. You do buy this part separately (most of the time)
The shoe clips right in nice and easy to the bottom of the pedal.
Thats the clip on the shoe itself and the clip holder on the pedal. Its so simple and easy! My shoes I found on clearance at a bike store for about $75. They can be a bit pricey but if you bike or spin more than twice a week, this is one of the BEST investments you will make (well for fitness that is!)
At work I did 40 minutes on the spin bike and these were my stats from my HRM. Spinning really does blast calories! I love the rush I get from it!
Some post workout fuel of Yogoats! 1/4 C oats cooked in water mixed with 1 container of Chobani. topped with cinnamon and some PB
Dinner was the last of the greens and beans soup made by mama fit foodie. She needs to open a soup restaurant! I topped with cholula
Kale, beans, potato, veggies, no salt. It was so healthy and delicious!
Turkey wrap with tomatoes, romaine, sprouts, hummus.
WHen I arrived home I made some Hummus!! This is the best thing I have discovered. It costs about 50 cents and it is SO good!
1 can of chickpeas
4 cloves garlic
fresh chopped ginger
(by the way, I have this in the freezer, it lasts a LONG time!!)
Added lemon juice, olive oil and some water. Bullet for 30 seconds and Voila! fresh hummus, salt free!
Currently watching AI then hitting the sheets. I am a tired girl! I have a special guest post tomorrow so look out for that!
- Have you ever made hummus? What flavor should I try next?
- Do you have any fitness gadgets that you LOVE? I love my HRM and spinning shoes!
- What are you most looking forward to when the warm weather comes around? Running outside for meee!