Today was a day of great things. I had a great workout yesterday with my trainer. It was a record for calorie burn of 494 calories in my session with him. When I workout with my trainer, I don't necessarily do it for calorie burn, I do it more for the muscle burn, but I do wear my monitor because I like to see my HR when I weight train as it differs from when I do my straight cardio. It was a kick butt session, lots of legs and hamstring work and today they are screaming at me.
Post workout Smoothie....in a Solo cup.
- Handful frozen berry mix (raspberries, bloobs, blackberries)
- 1 scoop Sunwarrior protein
- 1 C almond milk
- 3/4 C skim milk
- 3/4 C Kashi Puffs (put them at the bottom for a surprise!)
Today, major cardio sesh and foam rolling was in store for me this morning! my MOVES as Janetha would say:
- 20 minutes Treadmill
- 1-5 min 6.5 speed, 1% grade
- 5-8 min 6.8 speed, 1% grade
- 8-9 min 7.5 speed, 0% grade
- 9-11 min 6.2 speed, 3% grade
- 11-15 min 6.5 speed, 1.5% grade
- 15-16 min 8 speed, 0% grade
- 16-18 6.2 speed, 3% grade
- 18-20 min 7.0 speed, 1.5% grade
- 25 minutes elliptical (I didn't keep track of the resistance or speed but kept changing it up quite often!) I also started doing the elliptical like I do a spin class, moving to the music and it makes it go by SO much faster. At the chorus of some songs I will speed up, the go back to my aerobic pace and so forth. Some songs are heavy resistance (climbs in spin class) and others are fast with low resistance (sprint songs in spin) I love doing the elliptical with this outlook!!
Breakfast was quick to follow. 1/2 C oats cooked in water. 1 TBSP chia seeds, frozen raspberries, blob of chunky. Cinnamon was added afterwards!
Some mid morning snackage. Oikos and Apple
I was feeling extra smart today.
I was done with work today at 1. I came home to the BEST package at my door step. the folks at The Best Damn Granola sent me some to try out!
From Cyndi Jacobs, CEO:
Our history officially begins in the spring of 2008. I started playing around with granola recipes--adding this, taking out that--until I finally created a recipe that I loved, and so did everyone else! It was eventually named Fig 'n Nuts and would become The Best Damn Granola Co.'s first granola!
Let me tell you a little about the name. It's really something that was started in my family many years ago when my cousin would visit from Pennsylvania. While here she always went to this little Italian restaurant to load up on her mother's favorite sauce to take back home for her. One year however, we didn't make it to the Italian restaurant in time and so I made my own sauce instead. In typical Lucy and Ethel fashion (remember the scene where they are making the wine?) we worked like mad in the kitchen until the wee hours of the morning making my aunt's "favorite sauce," convinced she would never be able to tell the difference. When my cousin got back to Pennsylvania all my aunt kept saying was "that's the best damn sauce I've ever had." She never figured it out, so eventually I had to tell her the truth.
So, this became the family motto for all great food in our house; we have "the best damn everything." So when the granola company was born it seemed only logical to name it, yup you guessed it, "The Best Damn Granola Co."
We hope you love our granola as much as we do.
This is the Mac Daddy Flavor: Organic apples, cranberries, walnuts and 100% pure maple syrup spiced up with crystallized ginger. A zesty twist on a classic New England combination of flavors!
The granola is made is small batches and each bag is hand weighed ensuring a perfect bag each time!. They use organic, fair trade and local ingredients whenever possible
I LOVED the chunks of apple in here! This granola was packed with delicious, sweet flavors. Loads of cinnamon, and flax seeds! It was seriously some DAMN good granola! I can't wait to try this on fro-yo!
They also sent me some organic soap called "The Drippy Hippy! IT smells fantastic!
Moving onto lunch. I made a Hugh Jass with baby spinach, edamame, carrot chips, red pepper, cuke, drizzled with balsamic and a side of mild salsa
Tofu salad. I mixed about 1/2 C tofu with 1 Laughing Cow wedge.
Mixed again with Cholula hot sauce and some garlic powder, drizzled with honey mustard. To. Die. For.
Whole grain burnt perfectly toasted toast!
- I spent the afternoon running around, some shopping and a TJ's run. My friend was coming over for dinner tonight and I was so excited because we were making my homemade Turkey Tomato soup and salads on the side!
- I got some cute stuff at Banana Republic! THey have the best 'go-to' shirts. By that I mean just solid color, cotton, plain Jane T's. I live in those in the summer time and these were awesome! I got 1 tshirt, 1 longsleeve shirt and 1 tank.
- TJ's was a ZOO. I had never seen it like that! I came home, sweating, carrying my overfilled bag of goodies, just when I realized I forgot the fresh basil for the recipe! No worries, we improvised!
- Grape tomatoes sliced in half
- Fat Free feta (never again, this tasted NOTHING like the real thing!!) I should have known!
- I added dried cranberries to mine later
- homemade dressing!
Lemon juice, olive oil, mustard, honey mustard, balsamic vinegar, soy sauce (which was the secret ingredient) So good!
Turkey Tomato soup!! We used some dried basil, oregano and thyme! It was PERFECT!
I loved catching up with my friend and so happy that we live down the street from each other!
Currently I am watching American Idol and waiting for our frozen yogurt to arrive. (we got delivery!) you choose a base and then choose mix ins. I got vanilla with blueberry and honey grahams!!
- What are your current Moves?
- What song should I add to my Spin playlist for my Saturday class?
- What is your dream mix in's to a custom fro-yo?