Happy Monday! What a weekend I had. As many of you read in my previous post, I did attend Jason's brothers wedding this weekend! it was SO much fun. The event was beautiful, happy and so amazing. I am so happy for the married couple who as we speak are on their way to Cape Town, South Africa on their 2 week honey moon (jealous, much?) Anyways, I had a fabulous time and thank you so much on your sweet comments regarding my hair! I did get some comments and emails asking me HOW I did it and I had no part in my hair! I went to my salon, Davis salon in Newton, Ma and had it professionally done. She did a fabulous job!
I want to share some wedding stories from the comments I received when I asked what YOUR wedding was like or what you want it to be like in the future!
- Lara(thinspired) -I had a teeny tiny wedding and I loved it :) No stress and all about ME! ;)
- Kelly I love weddings! My wedding was small...we invited 150 people and had about 100 actually show up. It was a great size because I felt like I was able to talk and see everyone there
- Averie: Been married for 9 yrs and we got married in Vegas, the $199 special. Limo ride, disposable camera of 24 pics, plastic flower bouquet!, and i wore a hot pink dress. They said it wouldnt last. A decade and a kid and 10 moves! together, we've made it. It was real small...just us and the minister with spiked hair and a tail who married us :) and 1 random witness.
- Gracie: When I get married, I think I'm leaning towards a large-ish wedding. I mean, I'm not going to invite people I'm barely friends with for the sake of a large wedding, but I would love to celebrate with ALL of my family and friends! Not to mention I've always been a bit of an attention-whore, in the best sense of the word :P
- Holly: LOVE Your manicure! When I have a wedding (um...one day? LOL), I want something not too big, not too small. I have a HUGE family, so it will have to be somewhat large, but I've always just thought it'd be fun to have one helluva party. :-)
- Janetha i am getting married, as you know! we are getting married in a greenhouse.. flip flops.. casual. lots of good food and ice cream.
- Gabriela I want to have a small but elaborate wedding! I'd rather make it special for my closest friends and family, than have a so-so wedding for everyone I know.
Sunday, Jason and I took a 3 hour nap! we really needed it, as it was a very late night. We stopped at Panera for some lunch before our nap
I got the 'you choose two' Chicken apple fuji salad with balsamic dressing. 1/2 Turkey breast on whole grain bread (toasted) with red onion, lettuce, tomato and mustard. Apple on the side! I ate EVERYTHING but gave 1/2 of the bread to Jason since he was not a huge fan of his Tuna sandwich. he said it was "messily put together" he is becoming such a foodie :)
Today. I had work at 5am. I could have slept for HOURS after my alarm went off at 4:15, but I did manage to get up and get to work! I did some HIIT on the treadmill around 6:30 am. It is AMAZING how much more my metabolism speeds up when I do HIIT. I felt so ravenous the rest of the morning!
I had 1/2 of a banana before my HIIT routine
4.0, 4 % incline (warm up)
I don't think I will EVER get sick of this routine. Total Miles: 4.16 Calories Torched: 466. Max HR: 182 (After the HIIT routine I stayed on the treadmill for a total of 38 minutes jogging/walking uphill, which is how I did a total of 4.16 miles. the HIIT routine alone was about 3.6 miles)
Some creamy oat bran was eaten shortly after. 1/2 banana was mixed in along with some frozen black berries and 1/2 Jay Robb Chocolate Protein Powder packet.
Snackage around 11:30
Mixed with Heritage Flakes, Kashi Puffs and almond butter
Lunch was a sandwich thin with hummus, tofu, sprouts, baby spinach, mushrooms, mustard
Baby carrots, show peas, baby spinach, red pepper, cuke salad on the side
After digested, I went to the gym for a weight training workout. I followed a workout given to my by my trainer, so sadly I can't share it with you, but it was killer!
Post workout protein shake!
- 1 scoop Biochem All natural protein powder
- handful frozen berry mix
- 1/2 Frozen banana
- 1 C almond milk
- 1/2 C skim milk
- 3/4 Kashi Puffs added to the bottom of the cup
- Poured over the puffs! (I eat the puffs for those high glycemic carb source post workout) the puffs are low in fiber and high GI. I talked about carbs post workout here
I am doing some laundry and going to start preparing dinner soon! I think I am making stuffed chicken breast (stuffed with LC wedge or cottage cheese) baked in the oven and a sweet potato on the side YUM
- What food do you like that is stuffed? I LOVE stuffed chicken breast and also love stuffed french toast!! I just need to make that soon!
- What is your one accessory or piece of clothing that screams YOU? For me that would be lululemon pants and my watch!
- How was your Monday?