Hey guys! How is your Tuesday going? tomorrow is already Hump day...good news all around. I had the BEST dinner last night. As I mentioned I think I was going to make stuffed chicken breast. Many of you love stuffed food!! Lots of stuffed peppers, chicken and french toast mmm
- 2 Laughing Cow wedges
- 1/4 C cottage cheese
- 1 TBSP Rosemary
- Few shakes of no salt seasoning
- 1/3 C diced tomato
- Stuff inside 2 chicken breasts
I sprinkled the tops of the chicken breast with some oat bran, to crisp up the tops in the oven. I served 1 chicken breast along side some roasted broccoli and cauliflower and 1 microwaved sweet potato (I saved 1 chicken breast for dinner tomorrow night at work)
This was SO good. There are so many variations on stuffed chicken breast...I encourage you to get creative! Use different spices and cheeses, and of course let me know how it turns out!
A couple hours later, I wanted something sweet. [Me] and Goji custom cereal with diced strawberries and almond milk
I think my sweet tooth it had to do with the fact that my roommate and I were watching Unwrapped on the Food Network and it was "Unwrapped-21st century Chocolate" We were watching things like This:
Today, I had work at 5am. It was just a cardio day since my body was a bit sore from my weight training workout yesterday I know I wanted to do a short HIIT treadmill routine so I chose this one
4.0, 4 % incline (warm up)
Total Milage: 2.23. Max HR: 174
After this HIIT routine, I finished up with 18 minutes on the ET. Total cals burned: 518
Breakfast was some amazing 1/3 C oat bran cooked in water with 1/2 banana, frozen blueberries and almond butter
couple hours later, 6oz greek yogurt with flax flakes and 1 TBSP almond butter
I was craving lots of nutrients for lunch. I came home and made a HUGE salad.
- Red peppers
- Broccoli (steamed in microwave for 1 minute)
- honey mustard drizzle
Of course I had some protein in there! I finished up my italian marinated tofu (From Whole Foods) and a few slices of low sodium deli turkey breast. All topped with salsa and balsamic vinegar
Off to the dentists office! my teeth are CLEAN and HEALTHY. I have never had a cavity (knock on wood) I really detest the dentist office and while sitting in that chair just think of a million other things to distract me from the grinding and poking in my mouth.
I had some of this Kombucha while cruising through Trader Joes. Liked it a lot!
I didn't get a chance to snap a shot of all of my groceries. But I did grab this which I was psyched about. I was tweeting with mah girl, Julie and she recommended that I pick this up! Can't wait to try it!
Then I got a hankering to bake! I took my apple cinnamon protein muffins and tweeked the recipe a bit!
I present to you
Blueberry Chia Protein Muffins
- 1 C oat bran (can use whole wheat or regular flour)
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 0.5 tsp baking soda
- 1 TBSP cinnamon
- 3 scoops protein powder of your choice (I used 2 scoops Bichem, 1 scoop BSN cinnamon roll
- 1 C unsweetened raspberry or blueberry flavored applesauce
- 1/4 C skim, almond or soy milk (I used almond)
- 2 egg whites or 1 egg
- 1 TSP stevia extract
- 3 TBSP chia seeds
- 1/2-1 C frozen berries
- Mix all ingredients in 1 bowl except for the frozen berries. Mix until well incorporated. Add the frozen berries and gently fold into the batter. Spoon out evenly into sprayed muffin tins (mine filled up 10) Bake at 350 degrees for about 18 minutes (mine cooked way quicker since my oven is on crack)
I had these raspberry acai flavored applesauce so thats how I got the 'berry' in the mix!
Everything in the bowl
Biochem and BSN protein's
Chia, applesauce, cinnamon, stevia
Mix the batter, then add the frozen berries at the end, so the batter doesn't turn purple.
Spoon out evenly into sprayed muffin tins. (my batter made 10)
Perfectly cooked and hot out of the oven!
I dipped mine in some sugar free syrup! TRY THESE! They are So good!!
Currently just watching some news. I am going to Jason's tonight to cook up some dinner. I am thinking grilled chicken, veggies and sweet potato!
oh and before I go, I was reading Janetha's blog (religiously) and she mentioned if peanut butter protein exists. Well, my friends yes it does exist and I have it! In my recipe section I have great PB protein shake recipe! using this protein
Isoflex Allmax Peanut Butter Chocolate protein powder. Taste: I like it a lot but I did get sick of having it so often, so this tub has been with me for MONTHS. I go through phases with it. I love how there are tiny chocolate chips in it though! It mixes well too. Don't get too excited this does not taste like peanut butter out of the jar, it is just peanut butter flavored. Score: 7.5/10
- What is your favorite muffin TOPPER? For me it depends on the type of muffin. If it is corn, then I love dipping it in chili, but if it is a sweeter muffin, I love jam or some syrup!
- Do you find it strange that one person can LOVE one food and the person next to them can hate it? I am really intrigued by taste buds and what some people find "gross" is the next persons favorite thing to eat!
- What Protein Powder would you create? I think I would make a chocolate chip cookie dough flavor!