Hey guys! How was everyones Hump Day? Have you ever looked up the definition of hump day? I checked it out on Urbandictionary
HUMP DAY: T
First, I started with a small salad of romaine, broccoli, orange pepper, carrots and dressing made with a mixture of humus and balsamic vinegar
I cooked up 1-3oz chicken breast with some no salt seasoning and 1 small diced zucchini
Placed it in a sprayed loaf pan
I covered the mixture with 2 egg whites and 1 whole egg with a splash of skim milk and frozen spinach
I baked the whole thing at 400 degrees for about 35 minutes
Oh yeah, I sprinkled the top with low fat shredded chedder. The end result was a bubbly deliciousness
Paired with some low sugar ketchup!
YES! I found it! I had been looking for it for SO long and snatched it at Target
The ingredient list isn't all that bad (besides sucralose) but duh, it has some chemicals in it. Its all good to me in moderation
Oh this was SO what I was craving. Eggs are so fun to experiment with! There is SO much you can do besides the good ole omelet.
Egg frittata recipe
- 3 egg-whites, 1 whole egg
- splash of milk of choice
- 1 small zucchini diced.
- 1 serving of chicken breast
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 3/4 C frozen spinach
- 1/4 C shredded cheese of choice ( I used chedder)
- Seasonings of choice ( I think basil, oregano, thyme, garlic powder, salt and pepper would be great!)
- Heat olive oil in skillet. Dice up chicken into small pieces and cook in the skillet. When the chicken is almost done, add the diced zucchini and continue until chicken is cooked through. Add seasonings of choice into the skillet. Place mixture into a sprayed loaf pan
- in a separate bowl, beat the eggs and milk until well combined and fluffy. Pour egg mixture over the chicken and zucchini mixture which is in the loaf pan
- sprinkle the cheese on top.
- Bake at 400 degrees for about 35 minutes.
- Cut and ENJOY!
Dessert! my roommate and I got CHILL (frozen yogurt place near our apartment) I got half original, half coconut with fresh mango and blueberries. This was a large because I wanted half tonight, half tomorrow night. I like to think ahead.
This morning was a delish bowl of oat bran. I mixed it 1 TBSP chia seeds, 1/2 banana and frozen berries. I also added 1/2 Scoop BSN cinnamon roll protein powder. I am not a HUGE fan of protein powder in oatmeal, but since I only used 1/2 scoop, the flavor and texture didn't change a whole lot, I actually really enjoyed this bowl!
I love how the chia seeds get big and crunchy!
Typical lunch salad. Romaine, mushrooms, cucumber, red pepped, cherry tomatoes. Dressed with olive oil and vinegar
The main course was a deli thin with 1 veggie burger, sprouts, romaine, tomatoes and hummus.
I had about 1/3 of this Joseph's wrap with some PB and SF Jam to cure that sweet tooth of mine.
My workout today was INSANITY inspired. To be honest, I am so very sick of cardio equipment. I wanted nothing to do with a treadmill, elliptical, stair master or bike, I just wanted to have FUN and work hard at the same time. I spent my 1 hour only in the studio doing all sorts of high intensity moves and plyometrics. I wish I could tell you exactly what I did but to be honest I have no idea! I just went with it!
- Jumping jacks and hit the floor
- Shuffle side to side with a twist and punch
- Jump squats across the room
- Walking lunges with fast plyo lunges at the end
- Mountain climbers
- Burpee's with a jumping jack
- Running on bosu ball
- High jumps side to side
- High Knees/butt
Thats all I can give you/remember! BUT my HR monitor said 530 calories. I LOVED how this workout ROCKED without touching a machine!!
Snack around 4:30 was 3/4 C Kashi Go lean in a greek yogurt with a spoonful of crunchy PB
I love the combo of crunchy, creamy, cold and peanut buttery
My Dinner was smorgasbord of a whole bunch of things!
There was half of my left over frittata
3 veggie meatballs, broccoli
and 1/2 of a medium sized sweet potato
Side of the red stuff
I got my new BROOKS!!
- The good news: I love the new color! purple is one of my favorites!
- The bad news: They are too big! I ordered an 8 which is exactly what size i have now in the SAME style Brooks and they are HUGE. I have to return them
I am currently enjoying some of my left over froyo and watching some Idol. I think I'll stay up to see who gets voted off then its bed time for me! I have to be work at 7 am tomorrow.
- What is your favorite way to use eggs?
- What is your favorite veggie dipper?
- Do you order clothing/shoes on line? What are your thoughts on ordering clothing or shoes without trying them on? I am mixed on this. I had these SAME shoes, just the older style and I ordered the same size I have but what gives that they are HUGE? Its times like this where I wish I bought them in the store!