Hey guys! How was everyones weekend? I had a great weekend, very relaxing, didn't do a whole lot which is so nice sometimes to just relax, right? Besides it was a scorcher, so I enjoyed my time spent inside AC!
Backing up to Friday, I made a simple yet delicious veggie packed salad. Romaine, 'shrooms, red pepper, cucumbers and some raisins all dressed with some olive oil and balsamic vinegar
I got to try my new hummus! It is garlic and chive flavor. good thing I wasn't planning on kissing anyone later :)
Thin layer on a slice of toasted ezekial bread
Thinly sliced cukes, tofu and sprouts! Yeah, I like sprouts
Friday afternoon, I went to Whole Foods to pick up a few things, and noticed this new (to me) greek yogurt. They were on sale 10/$10 so I figured I would snag a couple and see how it does compared to my beloved Chobani and Siggis.It was Olympus brand, and this comes straight from Greece! i LOVED this yogurt. It was by far one of the thickest kinds I have ever had and noticably creamier as well. Too bad they are quite pricey when they aren't on sale, but I did get to enjoy a few!
I also enjoyed a fresh peach!
cup O' Peach chillin by the window
On saturday, I woke up and hit the streets for a workout. I enjoyed my track workout so much last week, that I figured I would do a repeat.
- Ran to the track (.75 miles)
- Sprinted the longs, walk the curves
- Side shuffle the longs, power walk the curves
- jog the long, walking jumping jacks the curves
Then I did a circuit on a bench and on the grass
- Bench Push ups
- 15 burpees
- High knees (20 sec)
- butt kicks (20 sec)
- Walking lunges (15 each leg)
- Oblique Plank
- Plank Punches (if you watch this video, don't mind the guy's wierd gloves)
- Bench leg raises (for lower abs)
Then, I ran home.
Wow. Go try that workout, I was drenched.
An iced coffee was awaiting my arrival. Regular with one Purevia and splash of skim
When I recouped for a little, I was ready for this!
- 1/2 C oats cooked stove top with water
- 1/2 Banana added towards the end ( I like adding toward the end because the banana is still in marshmellow pieces, rather than get lost and disinegrated if added too early
- 2 egg whites beaten at the end.
- 1/4 C blueberries and diced strawberries
- Dollop of organic raspberry Jam (I love the seeds! I was never a seedless gal)
I went to Whole Foods for a salad for lunch! It was pretty basic, nothing crazy, the 'salads' in teh salad bar didn't look that great today, so I stuck with fresh veggies, some corn, egg whites. I added turkey when I got home
Left over turkey tips from Friday night's dinner
It twas good
it was raining, I was bored=Baking. I looked at some random ingredients that Jason had lying around and got creative. I eyeballed everything!
- peanut butter (maybe 1/3 C)
- 1 almost rotten banana mashed
- 1 1/2 C oats (mixed rolled oats and oatbran)
- 1/4 C dried cranberries
- 1 Scoop BSN lean dessert banana nut protein powder
- 1 Eggwhite
- I mixed it all together and spooned it out on a cookie sheet
- Baked at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes!
I was quite impressed! They were delicious!
I added one into another Olympus greek yogurt
Like cake and frosting (kind of)
Sunday we went to BJ's and look what I got! The biggest bag of frozen broccoli ever!! (don't mind my 'drunk' looking self) I was tired
You better believe we used some broc! I steamed it with some garlic and lemon. It was perfect! Grilled chicken and quinoa (I haven't made quinoa in so long and forget how good it is!) I added some Mrs Dash Southwestern seasoning
Simple spinach with cukes.
Before I go on, I will share a little goal with you all that I am trying hard to accomplish. I really want to work on my midsection area, and really am cleaning up my diet. I know that "abs are made in the kitchen" I can work them like crazy, but nothing will happen if my diet isn't in check and this is really important to me, so I am going to be cleaning up a bit. Any advice that any of you knowledgable folks have for me, I am all ears, just no negative talk!!
On the whole staying clean theme. I packed up lots of food for the week, which I LOVE doing! I have dinner to Wednesday and Thursday (which I eat at work) and lunch on Friday!
This morning, I did the Interval Circuit of Insanity. It has been about a week since I did Insanity, so I was ready today for a killer cardio workout. I also did a great abs workout that I downloaded on my iphone from Exercise TV! It is by This video
I had 4 egg whites shortly after my workout. I also showered and had 1/2 C oats with protein powder and some blueberries about 45 minutes later
Plain 3 oz tuna with mustard for a snack
Pear and 100 calorie pack of all natural almonds. I had about half of the bag
I also tried this flavor of Siggis. I will just say, not my favorite. It really tasted like grapefruit, which tasted a little wierd in yogurt?
Lunch was a simple baby spinach salad with some cucumber, pepper, and 1/4 of a tomato. Plain tuna with mustard
1/2 Sweet potato
All together now. I think this is quite the healthy lunch!
Monday AB RIPPER for you all! Repeat this circuit TWO times!
- Stability Ball Roll Outs (15 reps)
- Stability Ball Jackknife (15 reps)
- Side oblique planks (15 each side)
- Plank with a twist (20 each side)
- Banana Rolls (12 reps) <-- Try this!!
- Sit up with a twist (12 reps each side)
- Seedless or seeds in your jam? I LOVE seeds!!!
- Favorite and most effective Ab exercise?
- Whats the craziest bulk item you have ever gotten and how long has it lasted you? I look at some of these things and think that I will NEVER run out of it if I get it like the costco size containers of some of the spices...Who needs THAT much oregano at one time? haha