Tuesday already. Flying by kind of week, I like that! Well its day two of some of the dietary changes I have made. I am trying to cut out sodium, eat extremely clean, healthy complex carbs, loads of veggies and loading up on the protein! I got a container of 18 eggs yesterday!! and almost done with them! My body is still adjusting, but one thing I do know about myself is that I have extreme self control. I will never look at something and grab it just because I don't have control. I have a clear goal, and know what I need to do, so I will do what I need to get there, no strings attached.
I want to thank those who left some tips for getting those abs on my comments section
- Averie: 1. less calories in. even if it's 100 cals a day. In 35 days you will have lost 1 lb by doing nothing else than just not munching that extra handful of whatever. and that 1 lb will come off your abs and you will be happy about it :) 2. get off dairy!!!!!! I cringe every time I see how much dairy most people eat b/c it doesnt digest, it just ferments and bloats in your gut. 3. less processed carbs, i.e. breads, oatmeals, grains, bagels, etc. Not only is it the processed carbs it's the Gluten, also a bloating mess even for those who are not gluten intolerant.
- Onehealthyapple: have been doing lots of yoga, so I think general core strength are best. I know my stomach looks best (I don't have abs) when I minimize sugar and extra dairy.
- Erica: The closer to nature I eat, the better my abs seem to look!
- Eden: I just found out that roasted almonds,almond milk, and even almond butter is made with almonds that are cooked in such high temps that a lot of the nutrients and healthy fats are actually eliminated. These almond products can cause major bloating even if your not allergic. Thats why I've been buying raw almond lately which is the way to go.
Yesterday, I made a delicious afternoon snack! I cooked up 4 eggwhites and 1 whole egg in a skillet. I added cinnamon and diced 1/2 cooked sweet potato.
I flipped it like an omelet and topped with 1 T sugar free syrup. Holy Yum
I am not a huge fan of omelets with veggies in it, I don't know why, but that just never satisfies me BUT eggs with cinnamon and sweet potato is so delicious! It was a great snack.
boiled lots of eggs to bring to work and for snacks!
New Mrs Dash lemon pepper seasoning
I sprinkled a hefty amount on some fresh haddock and baked this at 375 degrees for about 35 minutes. Seasonings are a life saver. They add so much flavor for no calories!
Simple baby spinach with some veggies and balsamic vinegar
I cooked up some cabbage in a skillet with some more lemon pepper seasoning.
all topped with 1 T of raw almonds (I have to say, roasted are SO much better, but more natural form, increased health benefits with the raw)
The fish was flaky and delicious! The seasoning was a bit spicy too. Great dinner
Today my workout was the P90X Plyometric workout which was awesome. Like I said before, it is a little slower paced than insanity, so you really feel it in your legs afterwards. I followed that workout with the Ab Ripper DVD which is great too, but he moves so fast during the moves! Each exercise is for 25 reps, and when some of them finish 25 I have only reached 15 or 20. This is totally fine with me because, I am more about quality over quantity. There is no need to rush through exercises. I would rather move slower and really feel the burn and have proper form
After my workout, I sipped some XTEND, which is a supplement that contains Branched Chain Amino Acids (L-Leucine, L-Isoleucine and L-Valine), Glutamine, Citrulline Malate, and Vitamin B6 to aid in recovery as well as give the body energy. I have acutally had this container of Xtend for a LONG time, but never really used it. I decided to get back into it to see how it goes. I have the lemonade flavor, which I acutally really enjoy! I also had 4 hardboiled eggwhites.
Breakfast was 1/2 C oat bran cooked in water with 1/3 C blueberries, cinnamon and 1/2 scoop of protein powder. It was good. nothing amazing, but hey, its oats, its going to be good!
I read up on some old Muscle and Fitness Hers magazines. I keep all of my old Oxygen and Muscle mags to see old routines and recipes. I saw this great upper body circuit I thought I would share with you all
And a lower body workout too! (you can thank me later hehe)
I had some natural almonds and chicken breast for a snack
And my FAVORITE flavor Siggi's. There are big chunks of orange in here and I love it!
See the pieces of orange?
I pressed some tofu right away when I got home for lunch. This is my method, no tofu Xpress here!
I did mention I have a BJ's size bag of baby spinach as well?
I got it on Sunday, and already made a big dent!
I had baby spinach, cabbage, 'shrooms, red pepper, cucumber and 1/2 sweet potato topped with minced garlic and balsamic vinegar
Topped with DELICIOUS tofu!
It was so good
I cooked up the tofu in a pan with a splash of balsamic vinegar, ginger and 1 T SF syrup. It was sweet and savory and perfectly cooked
Errands to Vitamin Shoppe!
After what I got I needed this pill box!
And I got green tea, which I am going to start drinking lots of!
Iced of course
And I have been drinking water like its my JOB. But thats not a problem because I <3 water!
I was just reading this and some of the things that people eat are CRAZY!!! the 50 fattiest foods in the USA
- What is your favorite "unhealthy" food? Mine is Key Lime pie!!!
- Do you prefer spices or sauces? I like a mixture of both, but for now, im all about the spice, baby!
- Who is your pick for the bachelorette?!! I am loving Roberto or Chris!
SONG OF THE DAY