Hey, friendssss. How is going on this lovely Wednesday? lets get right to it shall we? I had the BEST afternoon snack yesterday! It is so simple but the textures and flavors and hot & cold was just an explosion
Step 1: Low carb Joseph's wrap with 1 T unsalted peanut butter. Schmear it
Step 2: Layer on some steamin' hot egg whites (I used 3)
Step 3: Fold and observe its glory. Take a picture (you can skip this step)
Step 4: Bite, bite bite. The eggs were HOT. The peanut butter was COLD and it worked. This was so so so delicious! Next time, some cinnamon will be sprinkled on. I was such a happy foodie.
I had dinner with my mama last night. We were already out doing some things, racking our brains where to go but it was so nice out, all the restaurants we could think of were inside. We decided to make a whole foods run and bring it back to my parents house to eat outside (perfect!!)
I got some balsamic roasted turkey breast from the take out counter for some protein powah. My mom got a great dinner! I never knew this, but Whole Foods has this dinner offer. You can choose 1 main thing from the take out counter and any two sides-all for $12.99! It was such a good deal. This is what my mama did. She chose the grilled salmon as her main. For her 2 sides she got collard greens and mozz & tomato salad. She gave me some of her greens(what a nice lady)
Her plate. Salmon on the left, collard greens at 6 o'clocl, mozz and tomato salad with some extra greens she added at 1 o'clock and a slice of quinoa flax bread (that she added) Yes my whole family is healthy like me! mama onefitfoodie raised me well :)
Ho-hum. The regular ole' bowl this morning. 1/2 C oats with 1/2 C blueberries/strawberries, 2 eggwhites, cinnamon and nutmeg. I will change it up soon, promise (I think ) hehe. I had 3 egg whites on the side.
For a snack, I had 1 greek yogurt, and an apple (unpictured sorry!) lunch was awesome though! I had about 3 oz of my mom's left over grilled salmon atop a veggie filled ensalada
1/2 of a sweet potato made it on there as well. Carbs, protein, healthy fats and veggies...does it get better than that?
Protein shake post workout!!! mmmmm (1 scoop protein powder, 1/3 C blueberries, 1/2 C almond milk, ice/water)
Workout: Turbo Fiyah. Fire 45 class. (this is is my favorite so far!!) I am dripping sweat after these workouts. Annnd I love it. After this workout, I worked some back and biceps.
- Wide arm (assisted) pull ups (2 x 12 reps)
- 21's (2 x 10lb)
- Reverse Grip Pull ups (2 x 12 reps)
- DB Bent over Back rows (2 x 12 reps x 15 lb DB each hand)
- Lawnmowers (2 x 15 reps x 15 lb DB each hand)
- 1 arm concentration curls (2 x 12 reps x 12 lb DB each hand)
- Cross Body bicep curls (2 x 12 reps x 12 lb DB each hand)
- Heavy Pants (2 x 12 reps x 12 lb DB each hand)
About an hour later. 3 egg whites with cinnamon and 1 T almond butter.
And some millet puffs!
MMM...this kind is so so so good!!
Someone who I know is trying to lose weight and i was talking to them the other day, asking about their diet etc. Martha (made up name) was telling me that she always skips breakfast. WHOA, red flag for me right there. This is something I hear quite often as well. Why is is that we should NEVER skip breakfast, or any meal for that matter?
- Many people who want to lose weight think that calorie restriction is the way to go because, well, you are eating less, right? In fact, exactly the opposite is true. Skipping meals can lead to food cravings, binge eating and weight gain. This is because you are more likely to overeat and choose high calorie, high fat foods when you are extremely hungry. The reason being, when you skip a meal, your body goes under attack and actually stores fat because it knows that it won't get fed too often so it holds onto that fat for much longer. Your body tries to compensate for the fact that it is not getting any nourishment, and this makes it very hard to lose weight (while being healthy of course)
- Bottom line: EAT MEALS, PEOPLE and EAT SNACKS to keep that metabolism firing!
Some great 200 calorie snack ideas!
- String cheese and an apple
- 1 T almond or peanut butter and a piece of fruit
- Yogurt and a piece of fruit
- Slice of whole wheat toast with 1/4 of a banana and peanut/almond butter
- 1 C skim milk/soy milk and a piece of fruit
- 3oz chicken, tofu, tuna or fish and 1/4 of an avocado
- 1/2 C cottage cheese with 1/2 C whole grain cereal
- 1-100 calorie bag of popcorn and a piece of fruit
- Luna Bar
- 3 eggwhites, whole wheat toast (or wrap) with 1 T peanut/almond butter
- 1 scoop of whey protein powder in 1/2 C skim/soy or almond milk with a handful of berries
- 2 rice cakes with 1 T peanut/almond butter and 1/2 banana
- What is your favorite 'between meal snack'? I am LOVING anything with eggs. I think my new favorite may be my wrap with eggs and PB
- Were you ever a meal skipper? What made you start eating that meal you were skipping? NEVER FOR ME!
- If I opened your bag or purse, what is one thing I would ALWAYS find? For me thats chapstick!