Do you ever have one of those days that you just have a 'blogger freeze' By this I mean, you just aren't really feeling posting anything and more over, don't really have anything exciting to blog about. What goes through my mind is "who is going to read my sad little post today? Why say anything at all" Well because I want to, thats why! hehe. Anyways, today was a blah kinda day. I know that it has to do with the weather. It has been raining the past two days here, and on top of that, its my vacation this week! I planned to take this week off of work for MONTHS, and the only rain we have had all summer happens to be during my planned vacation week! (booooo) Tomorrow, I am heading to the Cape, and the weather this weekend is supposed to be georgous!
I realize that my food is getting a bit boring. Fact about me: I am a creature of habit. I like schedules, knowing what is coming next, what I am eating for my next meal, what the day holds. I like what I like, and find it hard to do things spontaneously. (I am always working on this!) Anyways, I am loving THIS breakfast lately, and don't plan to change it anytime too soon! It is 1/2 C liquid egg whites, 1/4 C cooked oats with pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon. some blueberries, strawberries and a squirt of SF syrup.
After breakfast and some coffee, I hit the gym for shoulders, core and SS cardio. My shoulder workout was awesome because I went up on just about ALL of the weights! For my military presses I did 12 reps @ 17.5 DB in each hand! This is BIG for me. I usually do 10's or 12's and the 17.5's ROCKED. I was so happy that I completed all reps with proper form.
- Cardio: 20 minutes Arc Trainer varying between levels 20-25, all at 5 incline. 10 minutes incline walking @ 10% grade, 3.8 speed. Good workout!!
Trainer Tip: Whenever you are lifting, you want to make sure you choose a weight that is challenging enough for you, BUT you can finish all repetitions with 100% proper form. If you cannot, try going down in weight and working your way up!
Post workout. Muscle Gauge Nutrition Ice Cream Sandwich protein powder with ice and water. Topped with blueberries. I also had 1/4 C oatmeal on the side
Baby spinach salad with ground lean turkey and Mrs Dash
4 oz sweet potato with 1 T AB.
I saved somc coffee from this morning and kept it cold in the fridge for homemade iced coffee later! (if you can see on my Garmin, the little strap broke that holds down the big strap (wahhhh) I am currently using a green rubberband to hold it down
I tweeted yesterday that I got a manicure with this nude color that I love! I hear nude is "In" I feel so trendy (wink wink) I am the most untrendy person I know! haha. It is Essie "Jazz" I am pretty much obsessed with getting my nails done, and I have been known to get them done once a week. These days, I cut WAY back to save money. I was with my mom yesterday, so she paid =Happy ME!! I also got a pedicure!
It is raining and blah and I am planning on totally chillaxing this evening and maybe ordering an OnDemand movie? Any suggestions? I was thinking of "Its Complicated" with Meryl Streep. I <3 her!
Now a funny list to share with you all that I got in a chain email. ( I don't remember if I posted this before, so apologies if I did before!) SERIOUSLY THESE ARE HILARIOUS!! I highlighted the ones I think are EXTRA funny!!
- More often than not, when someone is telling me a story all I can think about is that I can’t wait for them to finish so that I can tell my own story that’s not only better, but also more directly involves me.
- Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong.
- Have you ever been walking down the street and realized that you're going in the complete opposite direction of where you are supposed to be going? But instead of just turning a 180 and walking back in the direction from which you came, you have to first do something like check your watch or phone or make a grand arm gesture and mutter to yourself to ensure that no one in the surrounding area thinks you're crazy by randomly switching directions on the sidewalk.
- That's enough, Nickelback.
- I totally take back all those times I didn't want to nap when I was younger.
- The letters T and G are very close to each other on a keyboard. This recently became all too apparent to me and consequently I will never be ending a work email with the phrase "Regards" again.
- Do you remember when you were a kid, playing Nintendo and it wouldn't work? You take the cartridge out, blow in it and that would magically fix the problem. Every kid in America did that, but how did we all know how to fix the problem? There was no internet or message boards or FAQ's. We just figured it out. Today's kids are soft.
- I wish Google Maps had an "Avoid Ghetto" routing option.
- There is a great need for sarcasm font.
- Sometimes, I'll watch a movie that I watched when I was younger and suddenly realize I had no idea what was going on when I first saw it.
- I think everyone has a movie that they love so much, it actually becomes stressful to watch it with other people. I'll end up wasting 90 minutes shiftily glancing around to confirm that everyone's laughing at the right parts, then making sure I laugh just a little bit harder (and a millisecond earlier) to prove that I'm still the only one who really, really gets it.
- How the hell are you supposed to fold a fitted sheet?
- I would rather try to carry 10 plastic grocery bags in each hand than take 2 trips to bring my groceries in.
- I think part of a best friend's job should be to immediately clear your computer history if you die.
- The only time I look forward to a red light is when I’m trying to finish a text.
- A recent study has shown that playing beer pong contributes to the spread of mono and the flu. Yeah, if you suck at it.
- Was learning cursive really necessary?
- Lol has gone from meaning, "laugh out loud" to "I have nothing else to say".
- I have a hard time deciphering the fine line between boredom and hunger.
- Answering the same letter three times or more in a row on a Scantron test is absolutely petrifying.
- Whenever someone says "I'm not book smart, but I'm street smart", all I hear is "I'm not real smart, but I'm imaginary smart".
- How many times is it appropriate to say "What?" before you just nod and smile because you still didn't hear what they said?
- I love the sense of camaraderie when an entire line of cars teams up to prevent a jerk from cutting in at the front. Stay strong, brothers!
- Every time I have to spell a word over the phone using 'as in' examples, I will undoubtedly draw a blank and sound like a complete idiot. Today I had to spell my boss's last name to an attorney and said "Yes that's G as in...(10 second lapse)..ummm...Goonies"
- What would happen if I hired two private investigators to follow each other?
- While driving yesterday I saw a banana peel in the road and instinctively swerved to avoid it...thanks Mario Kart.
- MapQuest really needs to start their directions on #5. Pretty sure I know how to get out of my neighborhood.
- Obituaries would be a lot more interesting if they told you how the person died.
- I find it hard to believe there are actually people who get in the shower first and THEN turn on the water.
- Shirts get dirty. Underwear gets dirty. Pants? Pants never get dirty, and you can wear them forever.
- I would like to officially coin the phrase 'catching the swine flu' to be used as a way to make fun of a friend for hooking up with an overweight woman. Example: "Dave caught the swine flu last night."
- I can't remember the last time I wasn't at least kind of tired.
- Bad decisions make good stories
- If Carmen San Diego and Waldo ever got together, their offspring would probably just be completely invisible.
- Why is it that during an ice-breaker, when the whole room has to go around and say their name and where they are from, I get so incredibly nervous? Like I know my name, I know where I'm from, this shouldn't be a problem....
- You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you've made up your mind that you just aren’t doing anything productive for the rest of the day.
- Can we all just agree to ignore whatever comes after DVDs? I don't want to have to restart my collection.
- There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far.
- I'm always slightly terrified when I exit out of Word and it asks me if I want to save any changes to my ten page research paper that I swear I did not make any changes to.
- "Do not machine wash or tumble dry" means I will never wash this ever.
- I hate being the one with the remote in a room full of people watching TV. There's so much pressure. 'I love this show, but will they judge me if I keep it on? I bet everyone is wishing we weren’t watching this. It's only a matter of time before they all get up and leave the room. Will we still be friends after this?'
- While watching the Olympics, I find myself cheering equally for China and USA. No, I am not of Chinese descent, but I am fairly certain that when Chinese athletes don’t win, they are executed.
- I hate when I just miss a call by the last ring (Hello? Hello? Damnit!), but when I immediately call back, it rings nine times and goes to voicemail. What'd you do after I didn't answer? Drop the phone and run away?
- I hate leaving my house confident and looking good and then not seeing anyone of importance the entire day. What a waste.
- I like all of the music in my iTunes, except when it's on shuffle, then I like about one in every fifteen songs in my iTunes.
- As a driver I hate pedestrians, and as a pedestrian I hate drivers, but no matter what the mode of transportation, I always hate cyclists.
- Sometimes I'll look down at my watch 3 consecutive times and still not know what time it is.
- It should probably be called Unplanned Parenthood.
- I keep some people's phone numbers in my phone just so I know not to answer when they call.
- I think that if, years down the road when I’m trying to have a kid, I find out that I’m sterile, most of my disappointment will stem from the fact that I was not aware of my condition in college.
- Even if I knew your social security number, I wouldn't know what do to with it.
- It really pisses me off when I want to read a story on CNN.com and the link takes me to a video instead of text.
- I wonder if cops ever get pissed off at the fact that everyone they drive behind obeys the speed limit.
- I think the freezer deserves a light as well.
- I disagree with Kay Jewelers. I would bet on any given Friday or Saturday night more kisses begin with Miller Lites than Kay.
- The other night I ordered takeout, and when I looked in the bag, saw they had included four sets of plastic silverware. In other words, someone at the restaurant packed my order, took a second to think about it, and then estimate d that there must be at least four people eating to require such a large amount of food. Too bad I was eating by myself. There’s nothing like being made to feel like a fat bastard before dinner.
- Anything you want to add to this funny list of common situations?! I personally hate automatic flushers, specifically the ones at my work. They never go off when you want them to, and then they always go off while you are sitting there!!
- Do you like getting beauty treatments? Spa, pedicure, manicure, massage etc? I LOVE everything!!
- Would you try something or buy something because it is 'trendy' and I mean food as well. If you see sosmething in the blog world that everyone loves, would you try it? I am not really pressured too much in that way HOWEVER I have boughten my fair share of things that I have seen people eat, and then I find that they are a waste of money. I would rather go by my taste buds, not others people's taste buds. For example--I tried tempeh SO many times after seeing it so much, and I still cannot stand it! Why waste money or flavor for something I just truly do not like?