I am sure you saw the title of my post pop up in your google reader, or saw it on twitter, and thought "oh, I wonder what exercise this is?" well there is no ONE exercise that you will ever need, that just will never be the case...let me explain....
I was reading a magazine the other day, when I realized why I picked it up in the first place. I was passing by thte cover in a CVS and saw some catchy cover words "Tone...Abs...One move...pg 62" That is what drew me in to opening this certain magazine
Look at the bold letters on this magazine for a few minutes. "Get Firm, Flat Abs...The ONLY move you need" Now, when I read this at first I think to myself "There is no way that this one move will get me a 6 pack, yet I still pick it up and turn right to that page listed on the front cover. I think almost every fitness magazine I pick up, there is something about blasting fat, toning in no time, the BEST foods etc etc. Most of this information goes in but doesn't really stay and resonate with me for a long time. This is not a textbook, yet we sometimes treat it as one.
I mean, c'mon...World BEST workout? This just cannot be the WORLDS BEST workout...Yet I am intrigued and usually end up buying it. After reading that article I forget why I even bought the magazine!
--Don't get me wrong, I LOVE magazines and subscribe to a few of them. I also keep all of my fitness themed magazines and always look back at them for ideas for training clients and recipes. I just think its crazy that we are so drawn into some of these magazines based on a few words written on the cover, then plastered with an airbrushed model.
Moving on...Some of you asked me what brand and where I got the xanthan and guar gums that I mentioned yesterday
I ordered them from Iherb. I think this is a great website, less expensive shipping and it was at my doorstep in 3 days. I chose NOW healthy foods brand, and like I mentioned, these are KEY for making that smoothie creamy and thick!
Last night for dinner I roasted up some tofu in the oven for about 30 minutes at 375. I sprinkled some basil and garlic salt free seasoning. Along side the tofu, I roasted up some asparagus and cauliflower.
This morning, I woke up (got to sleep in a little bit yay!) And made my delicious bowl
I had a reader ask me if I mix my egg whites INTO my oatmeal. The answer to this is--sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. Recently what I have been doing goes like this
- Cook 1/2 C liquid eggwhites in the microwave (in the same bowl that I will eat out of)
- When cooked through, break it up into scrambled pieces in the bowl
- Cook oatmeal on the stove top
- take berries of choice and put ontop of egg whites
- When oatmeal is done, pour into the egg white, berry bowl.
- Nuke for an additional 30 seconds if necessary
I have whisked egg whites INTO my oatmeal before too (click here to see) which I love! It makes for a creamy voluminous bowl!
After I digested I hit the gym for Shoulders/Core workout. Awesome today! I loved it, and went up in military presses to 17.5's! This beauty was 1 scoop of protein mixed with ice and water and 1/4 t each of the gums
On the way to work, I munched on the sweetest, most delicious yellow pepper! I also had some strawberries and 1/4 C cooked oats
These lil guys were used for my lunch!
I had a delicious salad packed at home for lunch and when I left for work, I grabbed the wrong grocery bag out of my fridge, only to find it was NOT the lunch I had prepared (sad face) Luckily we have a salad bar in the cafeteria at work so I resorted to that (that is my own grilled chicken from home that I pre bagged and put in the fridge on monday--same goes for brown rice) Baby spinach, zuch, yellow squash, cucumbers and broccoli
My afternoon snack post cardio was awesome! I used cold brown rice and mixed it with a cup of greek yogurt and cinnamon. Loved this combo! Cold brown rice is gooooood.
Have a HAPPY HUMP DAY!!!!
- Do you get suckered into buying anything like magazines, books, gadgets because of taglines that you hear? I do but mostly with magazines
- Absolute favorite nut butter at the moment? I am LOVING Blue Diamond Almond Butter (creamy)
- In honor of going back to school time...What was your favorite part of "back to school" When you were younger? Mine was the back to school clothes shopping and spending so long trying to put together that first day outfit! (I always got so upset when I didn't see "that boy" on the first day in my new spiffy outfit.