Hey friends! I have abeen a bit MIA, my apologies. I had a lovely weekend and took some time off from blogging. I love that some people blog everyday, but I just don't think I will ever be one of those people! I had a great workout on Saturday morning. It was a circuit training style workout that incorporated lower and upper body exercises. I love workouts like this because it incorporates both cardio and weight training into one workout. My heart rate stays elevated, and the workout flies by! Here is a workout YOU CAN DO! It is very similar in style to my circuit workouts!
Circuit 1-Repeat 3x
DB Step ups-12 reps each leg
Reverse grip lat pull down-15 reps
Circuit 2-Repeat 3x
BOSU push ups-blue side down-12 reps
DB curl and press-15 reps
Jump lunges-10 each side (20 total)
Captains chair crunches-15 reps
Circuit 3-Repeat 3x
Stability ball hamstring curl-15 reps
Stability ball plank-1 minute hold (Alternate bringing knees to chest if you want!)
Stability ball decline push ups (feet on ball)-15 reps
Reverse lunges-15 reps each leg
*****End with 4-30 second treadmill sprints!
On Sunday night, We cooked up a delicious dinner. Well, acutally we got a little help but it was semi homemade.
Green beans and mushrooms in a skillet with a little PAM spray and no salt seasoning. Green beans are currently my favorite vegetable! I have been eating them non stop! I got a HUGE bag at BJ's and already done with them!
A rotissere chicken from BJs (it was $4.99!!) Have I mentioned before I have a 'thing' for rotissere chicken? I absolutely LOVE IT! The white meat is always so tender, and flavorful and I seriously get cravings for them all of the time! We bought it precooked and ready to go, I was just re-heating it in the oven
Hard work. As you can see I got a little impatient! I hate throwing away food, but we only eat white meat. There wasn't a whole lot of dark meat, but still I hate throwing it away!
White meat rotissere chicken breast with green beans & mushrooms. Side salad with red pepper, cucumber and butter lettuce. I topped it with some minced garlic.
SO MOIST (yes I said moist)
Did I mention that we have ONE trick or treater?!?! I was beyond bummed. My favorite part of halloween is seeing all of the kids costumes, and we had ONE! I got a great array of candy (skittles, nerds and almond joy's) Luckily I have a sweet tooth boyfriend, so this should be gone in about a week.
Afterwards, I cooked up some chicken breasts for the week on the George Forman. I had some leftover fresh rosemary from my homemade roasted chicken, so I diced it up and massaged it into the chicken before cooking it
It smelled SO good!
Yesterday was a great day for the first of NOVEMBER? (seriously where did the time go??) I had a cardio workout in the morning and then hit the gym later in the afternoon for abs/legs. It is November, the start of a new month which means a new workout plan for me! I loved the legs routine yesterday. I can feel SUCH a difference in my strength and endurance, and I do think it has to do with the fact that I have really been taking my leg workouts pretty seriously. I have never liked working my legs, I would MUCH prefer to work my upper body anyday, so I am taking this mindset and really just giving it 110%
Before my workout I had a salad with grilled tofu (and sweet potato)
I baked the tofu at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes with some no salt seasoning. BAM-done.
Post workout pumpkin protein shake
- 1 scoop cake batter protein
- 1/2 T pumpkin pie spice
- 5 drops of vanilla stevia
- 5 ice cubes
- 4 oz almond milk
- 6 oz water
Steel cut oats! I topped it with cinnamon and nutmeg
Doughy, crunchy, hot, delicious
And later for dinner, a simple baby spinach salad
In my favorite bowl!
I also got a huge bag of baby bell peppers from BJ's. I am plowing through this bag too!
Topped with balsamic glaze!
I also whipped up a chicken stirfry with what else? green beans and mushrooms. I made it fancy with some sesame seeds.
Today I wanted to share some thoughts with you of "WHY?" I may make this a regular Tuesday thing. Just realizations/thoughts from the week!
- Why is 1 song on itunes $1.29 and not $.99? I get sick of the song I buy after about 20 plays anyways.
- Why do people get uncomfortable and awkward when they see people eating alone at a restaurant? They may have CHOSEN to go out to eat alone
- Why is the self check out line at the grocery store SO frustrating. I do not have an uexpected item in the bagging area. This line is supposed to cut down time, not make you stay in the line longer
- Why do you have to get dressed up for halloween? We didn't and I had a darn good night too!
- Why are CDs so hard to open!! You'd think they would improve the system. On the other hand--why am I still buying CDs?
- Why are rotissere chickens SO good?
- Why do I always set my alarm for an 'off' time like 7:27 am, not 7:30 am?
- Why couldn't people think of more creative costumes than the cast of the Jersey Shore?
- Why are the samples at BJs never anything I want to try? Chicken finger "stix" no thank you!
- Why do waiters/waitresses neglect to write down a tables order for 4+ people. They NEVER can remember everything!
- Why do I love wedding shows so much and I am not even CLOSE to being married?
What is your WHY of the day?