Well last night made me very thankful for knowing I have a warm house to go home to. I met my mom at Marshalls to do some shopping (Yes, I got some cute stuff) but honestly, half the time I always impulse by at places like Marshalls and TJMAXX, meaning I buy something, bring it home and then the next day decide it was an impulse buy and return it. My wallet it jam packed with reciepts from Marshalls and TJMAXX from things I buy and then return. Story of my life. ANYWAYS, Yesterday I bought cute stuff! I was leaving to go home at about 6:30pm, got in my car started driving and BOOM flat tire. Dead flat. Times like these, I really did wish I knew how to change my own tire...kind of, well not really, but I guess kind of. Called AAA, they told me 60 minutes.
- I decided to go to CVS which was in the lot and get myself some magazines and some water.
- 60 minutes later, no one was there. I
- called, they were backed up.
- I got hungry, I went to Fresh City and made myself a salad bar with some grilled chicken.
- I used the bathroom at Fresh city, I walked back to my car
- I proceeded to eat my sub-par dinner alone in my car with the heat and Joshua Radin CD blasting.
- I debated taking a post sub-par dinner nap, but opted against it since I thought I may legit fall asleep and didn't want to miss the call from AAA
- Guy shows up and took him about 10 minutes to find my car while I starred at him the whole time milling around the lot.
- Changed my tire
- I got home 2 hours later, not an ideal night, but it really did make me think about how lucky I am to have that cozy house to go home to.
Moral of the story: Whenever you are in a tight or frustrating situation, just take a second and think how others out there have it worse than you and it will make your time doing whatever you are doing, not so bad afterall.
I am still obsessed with these lil' Persian cucumbers! I get them at BJ's when I go there, because I go through them super fast! They are perfect to munch on, sweet and juicy!
And even though the season is behind us, these black plums just looked delicious at the supermarket so I grabbed a few.
I got an email from a reader not too long ago asking why I don't eat dairy and do I have any lactose problems. The fact is that I do not take pictures of everything I eat. If you read my blog regularly you know its more about the food I eat. Its about healthy living, tips, fun, music, hobbies, workouts AND THEN some food talk. So the answer is yes, I eat dairy, in fact I have two servings every single day. One serving of a plain Greek yogurt, and one serving of low sodium cottage cheese. I enjoyed some Greek yogurt with some cinnamon oatmeal and almond butter.
This morning, I enjoyed some coffee and oatmeal after I woke up. I got to sleep in today so I had plenty of time to sip my coffee and make a nice leisurely breakfst! I added a spoonful of pumpkin in my oats towards the end. Cinnamon + pumpkin pie spice + vanilla stevia= perfect bowl!
I also inspected my new boots that I ordered! They finally came in the mail! I am pretty much obsessed with Piperlime. Do any of you guys or gals use it? They have the best customer service, fast shipping, huge selection and always have sales as well! I have been looking for a pair of suede, black, wedge simple boots and I spotted them on Piperlime, I had to check them out! These boots are made by House of Harlow, which I later found out was Nichole Richie's line. (Harlow is her daughter's name) I really don't care who made them, they are just wonderfully made boots!
They are just what I wanted! Simple, suede, black and tall. I will be sure to snap some photos when I wear them!
I decided to get ahead with some food prep for the next couple of days after oogling over my new boots. I cooked up some fresh shrimp with curry and scallions in a skillet for just about 5 minutes (the shrimp were previously cooked) I rarely have curry, and to be honest it is not one of my favorite spices, but once in a while it just tastes right. I love the combination of fresh shrimp and spicy curry. It adds a little kick to my ho-hum salads
And spice it up is JUST what these shrimps did! WOWZA my mouth was on fire just a bit. I enjoyed every bite though! It was delicious, and I still have a whole other batch to have tomorrow!
Food prep Tips
1. Buy tupperwares and use them! You can store food in the fridge in your tupperwares. You can even label them so you know exactly what each one contains
2. Use baggies! Pre portion out cooked brown rice, veggies, diced fruit and keep them in the fridge for you to grab and go
3. On sundays I will usually cook up abotu 2lbs of chicken breast to have throughout the week (you can cook up your protein of choice) I put it in baggies so I can grab it and go with a pre-portioned out meal!
4. Switch it up from week to week. Add variety to your diet by buying different fruits, veggies, proteins and starches every week. It will be sure to keep life interesting!
I am still addicted to Panera's hazelnut coffee
Something I rarely talk about on my blog is make up and fashion. I wanted to share some 'basics' of what I use day to day. I rarely cover myself in make up, but I do use a few products everyday just to give me a little middle of winter glow (if that is even possible) First up is Neutrogena Healthy Skin Enhancer. It is light and I apply it right after my face moisturizer (which is also Neutrogena) I love Nuetrogena products and find them one of the most afforable for the quality in a general drugstore.
Next up is this Physicians Formula bronzer. I just apply a little bit on my cheekbones after the Nuetrogena skin enhancer and concealer. This is where that 'glow' comes in. Again, you can find this bronzer at any CVS or Walgreens ( I got it at CVS) for about $12
Mascara, concealer and black eyeliner. Some days I skip the mascara if i am feeling lazy
I am obsessed with this Chanel Inmitable mascara (maybe one of the only chanel make up items I own) I love it though and totally worth the $24
What are your beauty "Go-To's"??
Now if you want to blow off some steam, go do this workout!
Complete as a giant set. 3x through
1. Medicine ball woodchoppers-15x
2. 1 min plank hold
3. Reverse lunge with a front kick-10x each side
4. push ups-10x
Treadmill sprints-all out 30 second sprints 4x (30 second sprints, 30 seconds recover)
Complete as a giant set. 3x through
1. Jump squats-15x
2. Medicine ball toe touch-15x
3. Mountain Climbers-10x each side
4. Front lunges 10x each side
Jumping jacks-1 min OR jump rope for 1 minute
Complete as a giant set 3x though
1. Stability ball hamstring curls-15 reps
2. Stability ball plank-1 min or until failure
End with 10 minutes of Cardio of your choice!