Well, I came to the realization that this Boston winter is definately getting us back for last year! I don't even remember one BIG storm last winter, and now, I don't remember when it didn't snow! Not that I don't want to further talk about the snow, but everywhere I go its all people talk about. I got to thinking about yes-how annoying the snow is but also-how lucky I am that I have a warm house, hot shower, someone who plows my driveway and the ability to stay away from the dangers that this snow storm has caused. I am so lucky to have all of this in my life during this time, it just made me so thankful and made me realize that there are hundreded of people in the world who have it much worse than I.
If you are stuck at home, check out some at home workouts!
So, it was a snow day for me. No work and no Jury Duty (it was cancelled today due to the snow) It also was my rest day from the gym, so it was filled with--well, whatever the heck I wanted to do! I woke up and had some breakfast and coffee
Not without snapping a photo of the lovely snow
Base to my breakfast. Eggwhites and fresh berries (I want summer time so the berries aren't so darn expensive!)
Coffee with a splash of half and half and liquid stevia
My new lover, Coconut oil. I am telling you when I first got this jar, I had no idea how I was going to get through it because I wasn't a fan of coconut oil, but now-I am a total convert! I love this stuff and could eat it right off the spoon which I never do (*wink wink*)
1/4 C dry oats cooked stove top with water, cinnamon and nutmeg. 1 tsp of coconut oil is spread on top, but as most of you know it turns to liquid the second it hits heat, so this is why it looks like nothing is there!
The day was filled with lots of computer work, and doing odds and ends around the house for the most part. Cleaning, organizing etc etc. Time flies when you are just sitting doing nothing! It was time for a snack break and I went with some quinoa and greek yogurt with a dollop of peanut butter and tons of cinnamon
I also had a baby pear (these pears are TOO cute!! they are about the size of a plum and so sweet!) and some unpictured green beans
Lunch was a delicious salad with mushrooms, sprouts, red pepper, cucumber, lettuce and grilled chicken. I also had sweet potato on the side. I made a salad dressing of 1 tsp sesame oil, 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar, dollop of dijon mustard, 2 drops of liquid stevia. Sesame oil has the best flavor and a little goes a long way with this stuff which is why I love it! It gives whatever I use it for a nice, nutty, asian flavor
A little while later, after some cabin fever occured, my mom and I ventured out to get a couple of Manicures! I love getting my nails done but don't get to do it nearly as often as I would like, so It was such a nice treat! I got a deep purple color called "Sexy Divide" by Essie
We also stopped at Whole Foods to pick up some Salmon for dinner and snagged a couple of Olympus Greek yogurts (they were 10 for $10!) I decided I wanted to give teh 2% a go! I have never tried the 2% Greek yogurt but everyone raves about the thick and richness of it. WIth only 3g of fat and 119 calories (19 more calories more than 0%) I can't wait to try it!
I have been seeing people all over write some random facts about themselves so I figured I would join in...Here we go!
- I have to sleep with at least 5 pillows each night. All to myself! They have to be propped and set up a certain way, and without the right pillows i have trouble sleeping
- On the same sleeping subject, I have to sleep with a fan on at night-for the noise. I cannot sleep without a fan running (in extreme cases I have the sleepaid iphone app)
- I am obsessed with all things wedding (not for myself, just everything about weddings in general) Therefore I am obsessed with all wedding shows!
- I cannot go a day without Coffee
- I LOVE techno/dancy music for working out
- I have an obsession with Joshua Radin's Music
- I want to go skydiving within the next 2 years
- My favorite dessert in the entire world is Key Lime Pie
- My boyfriend rides a Harley and at first it made me nervous, now I think I love to go riding more than he does!
- Im not a good sharer when it comes to food. I like to order what I want and eat it rather than split with someone else.
- I HATE pine nuts. Any other nut, I'm okay with but HATE pine nuts
- I love to travel more than anything!
- When I was 13, I went to an N'SYNC concert and got backstage to meet them before the show.
- I use plastic silverware in the house--especially spoons when eating yogurt or icecream
- I can't stand people who are unreliable
- I hate country music (sorry if you do, please do not take offense!)
- I have a very simple style--solid colors, no bling, lace or crazy patterns
- I love chick flicks and action films (I know, go figure)
- I don't know why but whenever I turn the TV on, my default channel is always MTV
- I wish I had more fashion sense when it comes to accesories like jewlery and belts
- Mariah Carey will always be my music icon. I absolutely adore her and her music
Question of the day: What is a random fact about yourself?