Hey guys! Sorry I haven't been posting as much. THings are a bit hectic between training (workouts 2x a time a day) cooking, prepping, life, work....I just need a few more hours in the day thats all!
Are you a FAN of Onefitfoodie on Facebook? Click here!
Things have been going great! I just got back from a great workout with a fellow Savage Sister, Jenn who is awesome! We have been doing an arms workout (you can take a peek at our workouts here) And I have another quickie one for you today.
Things with my diet have been going well! I am really trying to eat as much different foods as possible. I am trying hard to vary everything from starches to fruits to veggies and protein as well. (Although I can't seem to get enough of my Turkey Meatloaf!)
Here are some of choices of foods I have been eating. I choose a few from each category and put togehter some delicious meals! Also choosing foods when I grocery shop makes it more fun as well! I don't walk out wiht the same exact items each time I go
- Brown Rice
- Whole rolled oats
- Squash (pumpkin, acorn, butternut)
- Sweet potato
- Pears (I got these mini ones that I love!)
- Frozen blueberries, raspberries
- Fresh strawberries (they were $3.99 for a HUGE container!)
- Blood oranges from Trader Joes
- Plums (when in season--I love these suckers!)
- Apples (I am on a Gala kick)
- Kale (favorite!)
- Brussels sprouts
- Cucumbers (Persian cukes!)
- Red pepper
- Green beans
- Snow peas
- Baby spinach and arugula (for salads)
- Udos oil
- Coconut oil
- Olive oil
- Sesame oil
- Almonds (For bedtime snack I sometimes have 1/2 C cottage cheese with 1 serving of almonds)
- Peanut butter (I have it about 2x a week)
- Lean turkey breast
- Chicken breast (Balsamic baked chicken breast!)
- Egg whites
- Cottage cheese (low sodium variety)
- 0% Greek Yogurt
- Fish (white fish, mahi mahi, tilapia, cod)
- Shrimp (mmm coconut lime shrimp!)
- Lean steak
- Spices galore (cinnamon, pumpkin pie, vanilla, rosemary, Mrs Dash, Oregano, basil, curry, turmeric, cumin)
- Lemons (for my water and seasoning fish + chicken)
- Tea (ginger and peppermint are two of my favorites
- COFFEE! Um, any kind?
- Mustard--spicy, deli, dijon, yellow
- Balsamic vinegar
- Red wine vinegar
- Unsweetened cocoa powder (mix with oatmeal or cottage cheese)
Protein: I made a delicious protein shake after my workout yesterday. This is chocolate protein powder mixed with some ice, 1/2 C almond milk and water. It was delicious, thick and cold--just the way I like it!
Protein: I cooked up some Mahi Mahi on Monday night for dinner. These are simply frozen mahi mahi filets that I picked up from Trader Joes. I let them thaw out that morning and by the evening they were perfectly thawed out! I placed them in a baking dish with some lemon juice, balsamic vinegar and topped it with some spicy mustard
And I added some oregano and rosemary seasonings right before I placed it in the oven
Veggies + Protein: Served along side some roasted broccoli, cauliflower and brussels sprouts. This was a perfect dinner!
Note to self: Don't overcook the Mahi. It was good, but I could tell it was a bit chewy, so next time just don't cook as long! It was definately delicious, nonetheless!
Other: New coffee! My roommate and I are trying to mix up the coffee because if we have too much of the Dunkins Strawberry that we have 6 bags of, we will get sick of it really fast! So gingerbread coffee was up next! And by the way--SO DELICIOUS!
Protein+ Fat+ Starch+ Fruit+ Other: Coffee along side a bowl of this? = Perfect morning!
And a big glass of water!
And for your viewing pleasure...Stability Ball Roll outs--One of my favorite AB exercises!
Question of the day: Do you try to vary up your food or do you enjoy eating the same thing most days?