I was reading up on some blogs, and one of my favorites, Jillfit had another amazing cardio HIIT workout. I was in the mood for the treadmill today, and also really in the mood to push myself out of my comfort zone so I was very happy to see a new workout that she posted on her site!
Guys, this was killer. Don't let the lower speeds fool you because those 'lower' speeds paired with those higher inclines make that 1 min interval feel like a lifetime! I completed the whole workout to a T, exactly as it is written and I was a sweaty mess afterwards. I really felt this workout through my hamstrings and glutes due to the steep incline. One word of advice...take advantage of the 'recovery' intervals of 2 speed and the given incline...even if you think you want to crank it up higher during your recovery, leave it at 2...You will need that energy towards the second half of this workout. I ended up covering just under 3 miles and burning 395 calories (from what the treadmill said) It was great!
If you are looking for some more HIIT workouts, browse my exercise and workouts section! I have everything from Treadmill workouts to stepmill and incline walking as well if you are not a 'runner'
Not enough for you? Looking for a great core conditioning workout to finish off your stellar workrout? Look no further!
ONEFITFOODIE CORE CONDITIONING WORKOUT! ENJOY!
1. Mountain Climbers-10 each side
2. Russian Twists-10 each side
3. High Plank Hold On Medicine Ball-10 knee tucks each side
4. High Plank Shoulder Taps-10 each side
REPEAT THE WORKOUT 3x THROUGH!
- Keep your core engaged the entire time
- In the high plank position, ensure that your hands are directly underneath your shoulders
- Keep your hips up, squeeze your booty!
- Make sure you are constantly breathing throughout the movements
- If you are a beginner, try the workout without using the addition of the medicine ball
- If you are advanced, add 5 reps to each exercise and go through it 4x instead of 3
HAPPY WORKING OUT!
What is your favorite ab exercise?
What is one tip you learned has helped you while working out that you take with you through everything you do?