I hope you all enjoyed checking out some of my fat burning staple foods. Like I mentioned in that post, there is more to come so stayed tuned! I love these foods because they are extremely versitile. For instance
Quinoa: it can used as a great subsitute for oatmeal in the morning! Check out the recipe below for an easy, fast and protein packed breakfast!
Cinnamon Quinoa Delight
- 1/2 C cooked quinoa
- 1/2 C Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1-2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
- 1 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 packet stevia (or tsp agave, honey etc)
- 1 T unsweetened almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 10-12 crushed almonds or 1/8 C walnuts (or nut of choice)
- Mix the quinoa, Greek yogurt, spices and almond milk together
- You can eat immediately, or place in the fridge for a few hours-overnight so the flavors combine well. Either way it is just as delicious.
- Top with almonds, walnuts or nut of choice
- Enjoy with a large cup of coffee
Balsamic Vinegar: can be used in too many ways to list, but I love trying my hand at new marinades for chicken and seafood using vinager as the base
Raspberry Balsamic Chicken Marinade
- 3/4 C all fruit raspberry Jam
- 1/4 C balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 T fresh chopped thyme
- 1/2 C sliced vidalia onion
- 1 T olive oil
- 4-4 oz chicken breasts
- Place jam and vinegar in a pot over low-medium heat. Stir until well combined (about 4 minutes) Remove from the heat and add the pepper, salt and thyme
- Place chicken breasts ina tupperware or large ziploc bag. Let marinade for 1 hour-overnight
- Coat the chicken with 1/2 of the marinade (save the other half)
- Heat oil in a pan. Add the onions and and thyme. Once the onions turn soft and a golden brown, add in the chicken breasts that were marinating
- Cook chicken breasts until almost done (about 2-3 minutes each side)
- Add the reserved half of the balsamic marinade.
- Cover, turn the heat to low and let the chicken simmer in the marinade for another 6-8 minute or until the chicken is fully cooked through.
- Serve with quinoa, brown rice, or sweet potato and some roasted or grilled asparagus for a delicious, healthy meal!
I am enjoying a wonderful Saturday. It is gorgeous out and I am taking full advantage on staying out and about!
Because an iced coffee on a hot summer day is a neccesity, right? Grande iced coffee with soymilk and 1 stevia
And brunch just completed my morning. I went to Stephanies on Newbury st. Right away before this salad came out, a beautiful bread basket was brought to the table. Stephanies is pretty known for their amazing bread basket. It is packed with fresh french bread, raisin scones, flat breads with sesame seeds and whole wheat raisin rolls. I enjoyed a half a scone and lots of the sesame flat bread!
For my entree I ordered the thai chicken salad. The chicken was marinated in a creamy basil, thai, ginger dressing. The salad was packed with julianned style carrots, snow peas, zuchinni, lettuce and topped with crispy wonton noodles. It hit the spot. We enjoyed brunch while people watching, as Stephanies is located in the heart of Newbury street and known for being a 'hot spot' for people watching
I am taking my caffeined up self to the gym for a killer workout! Speaking of killer workout...I want to share with you all a full body workout I completed last week that ROCKED. If you are looking to most fast, sweat and hit almost every muscle in your body. Complete this workout. Move fast, rest and drink when needed!
Full Body Blitz
**always warm up properly with 10 minutes of light cardio and stretching of major muscle groups!
Circuit 1-Repeat 3x
- Assisted Pull ups 10x
- Push ups with knee drive (bring knee to chest in the up position) 5x each side
- Lateral Bench hop overs (start with 1 foot on the bench and jump over) 10x each side
- Med ball wood choppers-10x
Circuit 2-Repeat 3x
- Plie squat (touch DB to the floor) 12x
- Jump squat-10x
- Reverse crunches-20x
- Lateral raise/front raise combo-10x each
Circuit 3-repeat 3x
- 1 minute wall sit
- Barbell curl and press-10x
- Moutain climbers-10 each side
- Burpees-10 times
- Tricep push ups-10x
Circuit 4-Repeat 2x
- Alternating shoulder press-10x each side
- Hanging knee raise-10x
- High plank isometric hold-1 min
- Low plank hold-1 min
DONE AND COOL DOWN!
Oh hello 9 weeks
Question of the day:
Do you enjoy people watching? and where is your favorite place to people watch?