So as some of you know, I recently moved into a new apartment which I am LOVING beyond words. I am right near where I work, right in the hub of the city and could not be happier. One thing that is a bit odd about my new place is that there is no oven! It is pretty strange actually because there is a nice gas stove top, but just no oven! At first I was devasted, but after a few days living here, it really didn't seem to get to me as much as I thought! To be honest, I am not in the actual apartment a lot, I am at work, so when I come home I want to cook something quick and easy and the first thing that comes to mind is the skillet on the stove top!
Still obsessed with eggs. If all else fails and I never know what I want for a meal, I turn to eggs!
I made this omelet the other night for dinner. First I sauteed up some fresh asparagus. Then I added in roasted red peppers and some grilled chicken. Cooked everything together first in the pan and then added in the eggs. Salt, pepper and Dill. I served the omelet with a large salad topped with 1/4 of an avocado.
You guys, I don't think anyone understands the obsession with TJs now that it is literally a stone throws away from my apartment. I find myself in that store about 4 times a week-no joke. The fridge in my new place is not that big, so I go in and buy a few items at a time--I am not complaining! Some of my favorite items that I have been getting
- TJ's lemon grilled chicken (it is pre-cooked and awesome. So easy to grab and throw on a salad or piece of ezekial bread or rice cake)
- Seaweed Snacks: These things are so strange, but so good. When I first got them I didn't 'really' like them but something about them made me haul through half of the package. The saltiness? The weirdness? I dont' know but I love them!
- Organic Frozen Berry Blend: I go through a bag of these at least once a week. I use them in my protein shakes and smoothies. It is a blend of raspberries, blackberries, blueberries and strawberries.
- Almond Butter with Flaxseed: I have always loved this almond butter and blogged about it before. Its a staple in my apartment!
- Frozen Grilled Asparagus: This is a bit different than normal frozen asparagus because it is pregrilled and then frozen. It adds a delicious char-grilled flavor to the veggie
- Garlic Aioli Mustard: I use it on veggies, and make salad dressings with this mustard as the base
- 21 Salute Seasoning: I love this all purpose, no salt seasoning for mainly anything! I used it on my eggs that I made tonight!
- Carton of egg whites: A standard item I get. I always find it easier to add egg whites from the carton and supplement with the whole eggs I buy as well
- Lean ground turkey and beef: Pretty self explanatory but they are a staple in my cart as well!
- Bagged snap peas and Persian Cukes: Addicted. I go through a bag every few days!
I am still dreaming of THIS SANDWICH
When I was in Washington DC this past weekend, my girlfriends and I went to brunch at Founding Farmers which was unreal
This was called the
I led a TRX seminar at work with my co-trainer and friend, Rachel and it ROCKED
(that's me on the ground!)
We went through proper set up, anatomy of the TRX, how to progress, regress clients, and then put them through a little workout! It was so great and informative.
I am loving THIS CD
I am In LOVE with THIS candle from Bath and Body Works
I don't even have to light it and the smell permeates throughout my entire apartment (source)
I am obsessed with these cards!!
I am loving the new "In" colors for summer!
I have been getting my mind right for my show in August! Still no crazy changes in diet just yet, but just staying focused and on track. This time around I am really just focusing on listening to my body when it comes to workouts and food. I have found that doing 3 days on and 1 day off is working well for my body. Right now I am at about 3 days, 30 min cardio a week. Too much will not aid in muscle recovery and I am also looking to still work on building my upper body so I do not want to over do it. Not to mention the physique changes happen in the weight room!
I have been really working on my front squat and absolutely fallen in love with it. I haven't barbell back squatted in about 2 months and this is because there was too much pressure happening in my low back. I love the challenge of the barbell front squat and I love that it focuses a bit more on engaging the upper body and core as well. My legs are plenty strong and developed so I am not lifting extremely heavy. Pushing, but no 1RM's are happening over here. The key is that I feel good and really paying attention to my form. Focusing on each and every movement and getting the most from the exercises. I no longer find myself trying to fit in 239480 exercises in a session. I focus on the 'big rocks' of training and really working HARD for the desired reps. My leg/core workout today was awesome!
LEGS N' CORE
Front squat 4x12,10,10,8
Trap Bar RDL 4x12,10,10,8 superset with KB swing 4x15swings
Walking lunges 3x20 total steps superset with TRX glute bridges
TRX bodyweight bulgarian split squats
TRX bodysaw 3x30 seconds
TRX Pike 3x10 reps
Cable torso rotation 3x10 reps
What have you been enjoying lately?