I like being efficient. This time of year can be extremely hectic with shopping for gifts for the holidays or being bogged down at work, not to mention trying to squeeze in those workouts. I find myself sometimes pressed for time for my workouts and I am not one to give up that half hour that I DO have and can make extremely useful. I am really used to being on the go and I seriously don’t understand those who go bragging about spending 1.5+ hours in the gym. What the heckkkkk?! Personally, I would lose interest in my workout-fast.
I like having a plan when I am short on time. I throw on my headphones and lay out my workout. Turn off the distractions and within 30-40 minutes–I have completed what I intended to get done!
Incorporating kettlebells are my favorite when it comes to fat blasting, full body circuits. They challenge me to stay focused the entire time and also force me to utilize every muscle in my body. I know I am getting the most bang for my buck.
This workout that I have posted below is a killer! It contains seven exercises.
You will set a timer for intervals of 40 seconds of work to 20 seconds of rest. You will go through giant circuit 4 times through for a total of 28 minutes.
1) Kettlebell Swings
2) Bulgarian split squat (left)
3) Bulgarian split squat (right)
4) Double Kettlebell press
6) Kettlebell straight leg sit up
7) Goblet curtsy lunges (alternating)
Here are some SWINGS!
I hope you enjoy this fast and efficient workout! Its perfect for this week as most of you are probably pressed for time due to the holidays! Thanksgiving AND Hanukkah for me! I will be heading out of town on Wednesday for the holiday and absolutely squeeze in some workout time, but I also love love love Thanksgiving for spending time with family and loved ones. Eat. Enjoy and smile a lot. Thats my plan!
Oh and because I REALLY love you guys…here is one more Kettlebell workout that has recently turned into one of my favorites! I posted it on my Pinterest and Facebook but here ya go if you didn’t see it!
If you are looking for more efficient workouts, be sure to LIKE my Facebook page, as I post workouts on the regular! You can also check out my older posts below! (there are a whole bunch more in the exercise/workout section of my blog!)
- Full Body Burn
- TRX Timed Circuit
- Treadmill HIIT workout
- Stepmonster Workout
- Coconut Shoulder Shaper
- Spooktacular Sexy Buns and Guns
Besides kettlebell workouts, I have also been obsessed with making protein bites of different varieties! As you know I have posted several that came out AMAZING!
- Almond Flour Protein Bites
- Protein Energizer Bunny Balls
- Pumpkin Almond Spice Protein Bites
- Cocoa Coconut Protein Bites
Here is a new one that I tried out tonight! It is SUPER easy and takes about 10 minutes from start to finish if you have everything on hand! The steps are written out down below and the nutrition facts are for the WHOLE RECIPE. I made 10 evenly sized cookies and this was what the breakdown was for the whole recipe. Feel free to make larger or small cookies and adjust the facts accordingly! These are SO SO SO SO good!!! Chewy and Doughy and delicious!!!
- ¼C almond flour
- ¼C canned organic pumpkin
- 1 scoop whey protein (I used casein vanilla)
- 2T unsweetened cocoa powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1t coconut flour
- 3 drops or 1 packet of stevia extract
- 1T hemp seeds
- 1 egg white
- 1-2T of water to mix it all together and form a thick dough
- Place all ingredients in a small bowl and mix well until combined. You may need to add more water (feel free to use almond or coconut milk instead of water!) Just enough to keep the mixture pretty thick and doughy. You will be tempted to eat it off the spoon! Grease a cookie sheet and form 10 even sized cooies. Press down each one with your thumb to flatten.
- Place in an oven that is preheated to 350 degrees.
- Bake for about 10 minutes (still may be slightly doughy and chewy!)
- ENJOY as is or with any toppings you like such as coconut butter, almond butter or peanut butter!
Let me know if you make these and PLEASE PIN and Share the Recipe with all!!!
HAPPY THANKSGIVIKAH! 🙂